[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Inman to the Pats

I like this a lot. This could be a great under the radar signing.

"According to ESPN.com, the team has agreed to terms on a deal with wide receiver Dontrelle Inman. The 30-year-old will arrive in New England after spending the 2018 season in Indianapolis, where he caught 28 passes for 304 yards and three touchdowns in just nine games."

I agree but it's not under the radar, it's been all over the news.

what gets me is "just nine games" lol

those aren't eye popping stats to me. 3 catches for 34 yards. If he doubles those numbers, he'll have WR3 numbers. Hopefully he can pick up some add'l stats and be a really solid 3 instead of a mediocre WW fodder one. 

10 hours ago, LordOpie said:

lol, I didn't say you said he was Julio.

I'm saying the depth chart is too deep and NEP do this every year bringing in a lot of guys for deeper evaluation. As I said, " odds are greater that his cut before the pre-season than him making any remotely significant contribution."

You could be right. But I don't think he'll get cut. I think he could do well in that offense. He definitely has the skillset. I always liked his game. 

one thing i noticed for sure though...even though all of these guys arent likely to make the roster....the pats definitley have some size in camp this year at the wr position...with thomas, harry and maruice harris all around that 6-2/6-3 range...plus i think gordon might be looking at a 6 gamer ...so if hes back around week 7 thats another guy...i dont expect all to make roster again like i said...but theyll be in good shape

honestly..i think this team already is starting to look better than last years team who really came together later in the year

theyre adding a talented draft class to a 2018 draft class that saw them lose 3 guys for the year early....isiah wynn and dawson saw no action at at all(1st and 2nd rounders)...and 5th rounder bentley looked like a beast in the preseason inside and was on the roster for the 1st three games before going down for the year...if hes ready to go and can contribute its scary with him, van noy and hightower ...i dunno...i just think this team is loaded again

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Extremely annoying. They are like a College juggernaut that just reloads every year. It's ridiculous.

i had a really sweet experience last friday night at game 3 of the bucks/celtics(it wasnt the game itself trust me)...i sat right near the mccourty twins, james white and pat chung....also met josh mcdaniels at a restaurant before the game

best part was me and my buddy were drinking a few beers and whatnot on the drive...we stopped at a foxboro gas station to take a leak at a shell station...it was single stall but you couldnt tell if someone was in there unless door was locked...it wasnt so i walk in to see a man standing at the stall urinating with his back to me...i walk out while apologizing...he comes out with a toddler aged child...whom i guess was in front of him urinating but i couldnt see...i look up and say "sorry man my bad"....he says "aw nah man its cool"...it was pat chung...he dropped the kid off and changed his clothes n we saw him a couple hours later lol...

im telling you guys though seriously...this team, on paper, might be much better overall...although if gronk truly is done thats a big blow

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis
  • Like 1

On 5/10/2019 at 9:21 PM, loaf said:

I agree but it's not under the radar, it's been all over the news.

what gets me is "just nine games" lol

those aren't eye popping stats to me. 3 catches for 34 yards. If he doubles those numbers, he'll have WR3 numbers. Hopefully he can pick up some add'l stats and be a really solid 3 instead of a mediocre WW fodder one. 

Don't you know average joes signed by the Pats are a shoe in for 100 rec, 1500yds, 12TDs

On 5/11/2019 at 6:40 PM, LordOpie said:

oh shut up ;):bash:

EDIT: actually, I don't really care as DEN won't be competitive until after Brady  Elway retires, so whatever :P

Fixed that for you ;)

I'm trying to figure out if forever... was telling us he and his buddy were drinking while driving...:blink:

Some of the specifics of Inman's contract have come in.  It looks like he'll be getting close to the veteran minimum with an additional $1 million available in incentives.  He is getting a $200,000 signing bonus, $100,000 of his base salary is guaranteed, and he is getting a $100,000 reporting bonus.  The contract is small enough that he isn't guaranteed a significant role but he has enough guaranteed money that he isn't likely to be cut.  I'll take a flyer on him.  He doesn't have much competition for targets aside from Edelman, at least until Gronk and/or Gordon come back.  And he was pretty solid last year.  He had 4 or more catches in 7 of the Colts' last 10 games including the playoffs.  That is impressive considering he signed with the Colts in mid-October.

• 3 months later...