[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jets fire GM Mike Maccagnan

Wolverines Fan

Wow. He spent big $ in free agency and ran their draft. 

Now he gets launched.

https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/05/media-crucifies-jets-after-firing-gm-mike-maccagnan-the-biggest-circus-in-town.html

Gase was an average coach and crappy personnel boss for three seasons with the Dolphins, and he worms his way into this power grab with the Jets. Gase seems to know how to con lie to sweet talk owners.

The Jets' office politics must be brutal with Gase around.

18 minutes ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Gase was an average coach and crappy personnel boss for three seasons with the Dolphins, and he worms his way into this power grab with the Jets. Gase seems to know how to con lie to sweet talk owners.

The Jets' office politics must be brutal with Gase around.

It is difficult for me to wrap my head around how Gase got another head coaching gig, let alone an interim GM title. The big loser here has got to be Sam Darnold. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, stethant said:

It is difficult for me to wrap my head around how Gase got another head coaching gig, let alone an interim GM title. The big loser here has got to be Sam Darnold. 

Funny thing is Darnold absolutely loves Gase.  Gushes over him at every sound bite.  If Gase is a a true QB whisperer, then fine. Color me unimpressed with Tanehll.  Got a little something from Cutler and even Tebow.  So we'll see.  Maccagnan was abysmal. 4 years of total neglect for the oline.  Was going to get Sam killed.  Bye.  F-ck you, you sucked.  I hated Mac from day 1.  Terrible GM.  Personally endorsed hackenberg.  He's an idiot and terribke talent evaluator.   

Edited by Dcat
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Wow. He spent big $ in free agency and ran their draft. 

Now he gets launched.

https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/05/media-crucifies-jets-after-firing-gm-mike-maccagnan-the-biggest-circus-in-town.html

yes, and his choices must have changed the owners' mind.  Both Gase and Greg Williams had been bitching to Chris Johnson (the acting owner while Woody Johnson is a Trumpbassador in Great Britain). 

12 hours ago, Dcat said:

yes, and his choices must have changed the owners' mind.  Both Gase and Greg Williams had been bitching to Chris Johnson (the acting owner while Woody Johnson is a Trumpbassador in Great Britain). 

Its a shame the Jets cannot be on Hard Knocks this year ;) 

By the way. the real reason Chris Johnson got rid of Mac?  It's not Gase.  It's the many years of TERRIBLE UFA management and, of course, Maccagnan's comical chronology of bad drafting.   Most of the commentary is not mine.  My commentary in [brackets]

12 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

• 1.6:  Leonard Williams  --  Likely to be let go as UFA after 2019 [has not lived up to expectations.  Let's see what Greg Williams can get out of him before kicking him to the curb]
  • 2.37:  Devin Smith --  Out of NFL after 2016 [horrible when covered even modestly, very bad hands and injury prone]
  • 3.82:  Lorenzo Mauldin  -- Out of NFL after 2016 [great kid but way too slow]
  • 4.103:  Bryce Petty  --  Out of NFL after 2017 [S-S-S-ucked! with a capital "S"]
  • 5.152:  G Jarvis Harrison  --  Out of NFL after 2015 
  • 7.223:  NT Deon Simon  --  Out of NFL after 2016

• 1.20:  Darron Lee  -- Traded for 6th round pick in 2019 offseason  [A mental case for starters.  One that is too small and too soft to be an NFL starting LB.  Was called "plush" on the air by Bart Scott.]
  • 2.51:  Christian Hackenberg  --  Worst draft pick in Jets history; Out of NFL after 2016  ['nuff said]
  • 3.83:  Jordan Jenkins [decent but slow - would be better OLB in a 4-3]
  • 4.118:  CB Juston Burris  --  Cut by Jets in 2017, cut by Bucs in '18; currently buried deep on Browns depth chart
  • 5.158:  OT Brandon Shell  --  # 56 OT in 2018 per PFF  [not only does he suck, but Mac gave away a future 4th to move up to get him -  aaargh!]
  • 7.235:  P Lac Edwards 
  • 7.241:  WR/ST Charone Peake

• 1.6:  Jamal Adams  --  Box Safety taken ahead of Watson/Mahomes  [LOL at comment]
  • 2.39:  Marcus Maye  --  Why? [completely unnecessary pick. 2 safeties back-to-back when the team has a rag-tag Oline?  You kiddin' me?  This is the moment Mac should have been fired.  Right there.]
  • 3.79:  ArDarius Stewart  --  Out of NFL after 2017 [horrible at everything.  Mac has zero talent evaluation skills. ZERO]
  • 4.141:  Chad Hansen  --  Out of NFL after 2017 
  • 5.150:  Jordan Leggett  --  Fat, lazy; Cut by Jets in 2019 [his Clemson nickname was "Lazy" and he lived up to it]
  • 5.181:  Dylan Donahue  --  Drove wrong way thru Lincoln Tunnel [blood alcohol level of .15, struck a minibus and injured 4 occupants - holy sh!t]; Out of NFL after 2017
  • 6.188:  Elijah McGuire
  • 6.197:  DB Jeremy Clark  --  Currently # 9 Safety on depth chart
  • 6.204:  CB Derrick Jones

• 1.3:  Sam Darnold  --  Savior; Credit for selection to Heimerdinger [orchestrated the trade terms with Indi], Dave Gettleman [for gifting Darnold to the Jets by choosing Barkley]
  • 3.72:  Nathan Shepherd  --  32 year old project DT at crowded position [he's 26 or 27.  Kind of an old draft pick from a tiny tiny program.  Just a DUMB PICK]
  • 4.107:  Chris Herndon  --  Macc's best draft pick  [ An EXCELLENT pick.  Very talented and should be an NFL star.  Was arrested for DWI with a .0.14 blood alcohol after an accident just before dawn on Rte I-80.  Final adjudication and NFL suspension is pending.]
  • 6.178:  Parry Nickerson [I like this kid!!!!]
  • 6.180:  Folorunso Fatukaski  -- 5th DT drafted by Macc in 4-year period [useless and redundant.  fat and slow]
  • 6.204:  Trenton Cannon [ just terrible.  A special teams turnover machine as well.  he should be cut pronto]

• 1.3:  Quinnen Williams  --  6th DT drafted by Macc in 5-year period
  • 3.68:  Jachai Polite [risky pick with huge upside.  The one time Mac grew a pair of balls and used them.  I am happy with this pick]
  • 3.92:  Chuma Edoga  --  Only OL taken in first 4 rounds in Macc era; only OL who will be on roster by 2021.    
  • 4.121:  Trevon Wesco
  • 5.157:  Blake Cashman  --  Darron Lee replacement [probably way better than Pinky Lee, but almost anyone would, but comes with a bad injury history] 
  • 6.196:  Blessuan Austin  --  Multiple bad knees [another wasted pick.  Mac loves the injury prone for some reason.]
Edited by Dcat