[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Leveon Bell Trade?

Le'Veon Bell could be traded sometime this offseason. 

In the aftermath of the the New York Jets firing GM Mike Maccagnan as well as VP of player personnel Brian Heimerdinger on Wednesday, longtime NFL reporter John Clayton believes that the team may trade Bell before the start of the 2019 season. 

"If there's a suitor, I could absolutely see the Jets trading him before the start of the season," Clayton said, via Andrew Fillipponi of 93.7 The Fan. 

28 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Side note, where do you guys think Le'Veon will be in running back rankings at the end of the year?  I'll say rb15. I'm going low I think something will happen to him. Get injured or something. 

He is a prime candidate to get hurt, especially right away.  I have trouble believing that he stayed in good shape.  His team would be prudent to slowly ease him back into action.  If he stays healthy, I think he'll be fantasy elite.  He is a great receiver.  I doubt he gets less than 70 receptions.  And he is big-bodied so he'll get high volume even if he averages 3.8 yards per carry.  Any running back getting 250+ carries and 70+ receptions is fantasy elite regardless of efficiency.

Edited by michaelredd9

RB 15 if lucky? In PPR leagues?  Stay off the Josh Gordon kiddos.   If he plays regularly his floor is top 10, maybe top 5; primarily due to lack of heavily used RBs and pass catchers throughout the league. 

Lol....weed = Josh Gordon. 

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

RB 15 if lucky? In PPR leagues?  Stay off the Josh Gordon kiddos.   If he plays regularly his floor is top 10, maybe top 5; primarily due to lack of heavily used RBs and pass catchers throughout the league. 

Lol....weed = Josh Gordon. 

Top 5? He's been out of football how long? And this isn't the Steelers, it's the lonely Jets. The Adam Gase Jets. 

The situation represents potential issues. Bell busting or being overdrafted are definite probabilities. 

RBs can still have considerable value without being in loaded offenses.  Gase is known for checkdowns and using RBs in WR formations; which bodes well for Bell's pass catching ability.  Kenyan Drake had 50+ catches last year; was in a pretty heavy timeshare and ended up being the #14 RB under Gase.   Bell is probably a lot better than Drake and should get substantially more work than Drake did last year.   I doubt Bell forgot how to run and catch in a one year period.  

Another well known site has 15 different writers who rank players;  the lowest ranking out of all 15 writers in PPR redraft is RB10.  Saying Bell will be RB 15ish range 'if lucky' as it stands today,  just seems like throwing something against the wall and hoping it sticks.  He should be a RB1 if the situation doesn't blow up. 

Edited by Bobby Brown

Clayton was surmising.  A polite way of saying he's talking out of his assholio.  

Gase was opposed to Maccagnan's  giving $125 million Guaranteed money to the following positions: ILB, RB.  Are these premium positions?  

Then the doofus media, particularly the Jets London-tabloid style beat writers, extend that to "Gase doesn't like Bell". 

And then,even more remarkably, Clayton distorts that into "I can absolutely see the Jets trading Bell".  Wow.  Maybe Clayton should do something about all that heavy metal rattling around in his head. It's definitely affecting his brain.  (p.s.  never mind Bell's guaranteed signing bonus that would escalate against the jets cap, John...  duh...  think John... think beofre you say stupid things.)

Lets wait and see how much Gase doesn't like Bell when Darnold has to throw the ball to him 50 times on check downs because idiot Maccagnan has never addressed the OL and let it go to sh!t. Great way to help your shiny new franchise QB.  Maccagnan was a moron.  I'll take Joe Douglas please.  Emperor Gase likes him.

Napoleon Gase.jpg

Edited by Dcat

Bell should get plenty of opportunity.  He is getting 25 mill guaranteed and little competition for touches.  But that offense looks pretty iffy, Bells motivation in question, his weight, out of football for a year, high workload in the past, etc.  It will be interesting to see where it shakes out.  Im shooting well below whatever his ADP is at.

Edited by purplemonster

The Bell saga continues, of course it could just be all BS rumors. None of these guys are above spreading something they believe, because they believe their source. Far from the first rumor that may be all smoke. 

Judging Bell's value this year will be very tough. 

10 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

The Bell saga continues, of course it could just be all BS rumors. None of these guys are above spreading something they believe, because they believe their source. Far from the first rumor that may be all smoke. 

Judging Bell's value this year will be very tough. 

Some will be Kings, others paupers.  This is one of the seasons defining moments. Who will be right?  My guess is less than RB10. GL to you all.  

• Big John changed the title to Leveon Bell Trade?
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2019 at 5:42 AM, League_Champion said:

The key word being "Girlfriends". These athletes need to learn how to work. Ever hear of a safe Leveon?

Don't you know it is not hip or cool to use a safe. Got have your bling out in plain site.