[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ASJ to be released

michaelredd9

I wonder if ASJ came into the first day of mandatory minicamp smelling like whiskey.

The Boston Herald believes "all signs point to" Matt LaCosse as the Patriots' starting tight end for Week 1.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player-news

Austin Seferian-Jenkins has been released, Ben Watson is suspended and Stephen Anderson couldn't get on the field last season. That leaves 26-year-old LaCosse, who signed a two-year, $2.8 million deal early in free agency after catching 24 passes for the Broncos last year. He had previously never appeared in more than three games for any one team in a season, but stands in at 6-foot-6 with 4.6 speed. Per reporter Kevin Duffy, LaCosse has looked "smooth" in practice. With Rob Gronkowski gone, tight end is not going to be the fantasy position it once was in New England, but LaCosse is absolutely on the TE2/streaming radar.

SOURCE: Boston Herald
Jun 4, 2019, 4:51 PM ET
Edited by michaelredd9

Yeah, I think the problem is that people want to see the next Rob Gronkowski when they are only going to get the next Matt MaCosse. Have to think NE will end up #1 in RB catches.

Bummer if he's still struggling with his demons.  I've always subscribed to the idea that he simply wasn't all that good.  Even his 'career' year with New York showed some major lack of production for the amount of targets he was getting.  I'll miss the annual preseason fantasy overhype on the guy.

Edited by Bobby Brown

14 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Bummer if he's still struggling with his demons.  I've always subscribed to the idea that he simply wasn't all that good.  Even his 'career' year with New York showed some major lack of production for the amount of targets he was getting.  I'll miss the annual preseason fantasy overhype on the guy.

Wasn't somebody here hyping him after the Pats signed him, predicting a breakout season?

Agree on the overhype and just not being that good. 

A Yahoo story I read says "he was released at the start of minicamp as he reportedly sorts through some personal issues."

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Wasn't somebody here hyping him after the Pats signed him, predicting a breakout season?

There were a couple posters drinking the kool-aid last year, predicting such things as a low TE1 as a floor and upwards to 75-100-15TDs as a ceiling. 

As a Jaguar.

Under Blake Bortles.  

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Haha 2