Sign in to follow this  
League_Champion

Kyle Rudolph

Posted (edited)

He's kind of slow as molasses.  I am not a huge fan to be honest.  But it depends on the contract structure.  If it is 9 million guaranteed I don't have a problem.  If it is 16 million it is too much.  I was hoping they'd just cut or trade him but maybe they want to run 2 TE sets with Irv Smith Jr.  I don't know.  Given our junky Oline they may want easy passes for Kirk.  A little puzzling if they guaranteed him much money but I am still waiting on full contract details. 

Edited by purplemonster

6 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I wouldn't sign him for 3 million. I don't think he brings anything to the table. Just sayin.

Not saying you're wrong, but look at what Eric Ebron did when he finally got out of Detroit. Rudolph isn't bringing much for the Vikings these days in their system and he's not getting younger - can't disagree with you there. I do wonder if a free agent signing would've been better for both parties.

Yeah I would have preferred to just see him cut to be honest. Even for 9 million. But it's not a huge investment. I'd feel differently if he blocked well but he doesn't.  I agree with League I think he's pretty easily replaced for what he produces

I've learned my lesson with drafting Rudolph. I released him mid season. He's a stiff. I wouldn't draft him in the 16th round, nope.

I am a fan of his, but think they are overpaying. How do we think he ranks (non-ff):

kelce/ertz

kittle

Rudoplh/Ebron/Mcdonald

Cook

burton

hooper

2 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

I am a fan of his, but think they are overpaying. How do we think he ranks (non-ff):

kelce/ertz

kittle

Rudoplh/Ebron/Mcdonald

Cook

burton

hooper

I think he's in that 3rd tier. 

I have him at 9th in fantasy scoring last year, even though he played all 16 games.  OJ Howard, Gronk, Evan Engram and others were not far behind and they missed multiple weeks.  And on a team that threw 63% of the time.  And now he has Irv Smith Jr who may take some snaps.  The O line may be better this year but he's not a super attractive fantasy candidate to me.  

Maybe Cousins will wake up and find him more often. It's Cousins fault as much as Rudolphs. IMHO

3 hours ago, borge007 said:

Maybe Cousins will wake up and find him more often. It's Cousins fault as much as Rudolphs. IMHO

I agree to an extent. Cousins was terrible at times.