[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Coach's analysis of Darnold

Dcat

54 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Darnold is gonna be a stud once they get that offense figured out. The Giants are going to regret not taking him, which they already do. 

does "stud" = "f'cking dude with a f'cking arm and as accurate as sh*t"?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Amen 

That is F-ing right.  Dude. :headbang:

I am starting to like the Gase culture seeping through Florham Park.  At this point you can say I'm still Gased and Confused, but its growing on me.

4 hours ago, stethant said:

If Darnold survives Gase it will be a miracle. Poor bastards.

Exactly. I'm worried that Gase will screw up Darnold's development.

3 hours ago, purplemonster said:

I think Darnold will be good eventually.  I like him a lot more than Trubisky or Allen, neither of which is as accurate. Who does he have to throw to though right now?

Yup, he's still a few years out but with the right pieces he can be a top 5 in the league type. He has the talent for sure. 

6 hours ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Exactly. I'm worried that Gase will screw up Darnold's development.

Wut?  Gase is known to be a solid QB developer.  Sadly, he has had the likes of Tannehill, Cutler, Simean all after Peyton Manning.  I've been following along OTAs and mini camp....  Darnold adores Gase.  It's a great match.  I'm more worried that the new GM doesn't rebuild the mediocre Oline.  Maccagnan draftewd fewer Olineman in the last 4 years than all other GMs.  Jets were dead last in drafting OL and it shows.  The best thing to ever happen to Darnold is the firing of Bowles and Maccagnan.  Say what you will about Gase's commanding and dominant personality type, it's a hell of a lot better than the indecisive Maccagnan and cigar-store Indian Bowles.

dude.png

55 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Wut?  Gase is known to be a solid QB developer. 

Who exactly did he develop?  Also something to consider is any QB "success" he had was when he was a QB Coach or maybe OC. 

48 minutes ago, Def. said:

Who exactly did he develop?  Also something to consider is any QB "success" he had was when he was a QB Coach or maybe OC. 

He got more out of Cutler than anyone else, for one thing.  He actually had Tannehill looking decent on some games.  Now that is a major accomplishment.  Anyway, the write-up on Gase during the jets HC search fiasco written by the myriad of NFL Network type pundits (many of whom are really sharp like Kirwan, Miller, Polian, and the Gofather of course) sang those praises over and over again.  I guess they don't know anything.  

6 hours ago, purplemonster said:

I think Darnold will be good eventually.  I like him a lot more than Trubisky or Allen, neither of which is as accurate. Who does he have to throw to though right now?

Could be a lot better because there is no  established #1 WR, but at least it is a bonafide 3 WR set: Robby Anderson, Quincy Enunwa and Jamison Crowder.  There are plenty of teams that can't say that.  They have Lev Bell, of course, who will be targeted and also is the safety valve and Herndon (after 2 game suspension) at TE, who was productive and had several excellent games.  Better than before and the difference Bell makes should be tremendous.

Edited by Dcat

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

Could be a lot better because there is no  established #1 WR, but at least it is a bonafide 3 WR set: Robby Anderson, Quincy Enunwa and Jamison Crowder.  There are plenty of teams that can't say that.  They have Lev Bell, of course, who will be targeted and also is the safety valve and Herndon (after 2 game suspension) at TE, who was productive and had several excellent games.  Better than before and the difference Bell makes should be tremendous.

I keep forgetting about Bell. That is a significant safety valve if Bell is a player he used to be. That's a big if

• 2 months later...