[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pass Intereference is now reviewable

DMD

The NFL’s bid to get an appeals court to strike down a decision allowing for discovery in a lawsuit over the missed pass interference call in the NFC Championship game last January was denied on Wednesday.

According to Matt Seldge of the NOLA.com, the Louisiana 4th Circuit Court of Appeals unanimously upheld the rulingof District Court Judge Nicole Sheppard to allow a lawsuit against the NFL to proceed. The appellate court found no fault in Sheppard’s decision last week granted the plaintiffs the ability to interview league officials – including Commissioner Roger Goodell – and game officials about the infamous no-call that helped the Rams eventually earn their way to the Super Bowl instead of the Saints.

On 7/21/2019 at 7:30 PM, purplemonster said:

I think Henry makes a lot of good points. Those are my concerns as well. But unfortunately that Saints Rams game makes it difficult to not have it reviewable. Basically that game result changed because somebody missed a call

To me that is far more important than anything impacting a fantasy game, even my team and a championship game. 

6 hours ago, stevegrab said:

To me that is far more important than anything impacting a fantasy game, even my team and a championship game. 

Agreed Steve, good point.  My concerns are more about slowing the game and reviewing ever more ticky tacky plays at the end of games and having refs even more involved in outcomes.  Slo mo and real speed are different and what looks like a foul in slo mo may not look like one full speed.   Fantasy is a concern, but a lesser one.  

On 7/25/2019 at 8:53 PM, League_Champion said:

I feel like the the last 2:00 of every game is going to take an eternity now, much like the NBA. 

Another big advantage of watching games on DVR on a delay, can always skip these long dead spots in the games. Not to mention do something else with my Sunday afternoons (especially before winter starts) then start catching up in the late afternoon. 

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Another big advantage of watching games on DVR on a delay, can always skip these long dead spots in the games. Not to mention do something else with my Sunday afternoons (especially before winter starts) then start catching up in the late afternoon. 

If I had the discipline for this it would be amazing. :kicksrock:

• 1 month later...
On 7/21/2019 at 1:16 PM, Henry Muto said:

Like it isn't bad enough already when our guy scores a TD we hold our breath that replay does not over turn it on the 1 yard line or out of bounds we now have to hold our breath on every single catch or TD because we never know when some coach (or in final 2 minutes) a play gets stopped to review for an off pass interference.

I personally hate it.  I am all for getting a call right but refs are human and human is part of the game on judgements calls.  This is going to open a huge can of worms and it is really going to make fantasy football that much more painful for us when we have our catches and TD's taken away on replay pass interference calls.

On 7/21/2019 at 7:36 PM, Jackass said:

It won't be every single catch or TD, most will obviously not be pass interference. Point taken for the ones that are aggressively contested. But we're all going to have to live with holding our breath.

Diggs 3 yard TD catch just reviewed and taken away.........as I was saying.

• Confused 1

On 9/15/2019 at 2:35 PM, Henry Muto said:

Diggs 3 yard TD catch just reviewed and taken away.........as I was saying.

Not sure why you're including my response. Was just making the point that it wouldn't be every TD catch or anything really close to that but would occur on some...

• Like 1