[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How to value Chubb

purplemonster

I like Chubb a lot.  He did really well with not a great OL in Cleveland and the credible threat of throwing and potentially being ahead in games with a solid D for Cleveland would lead one to believe he'll be grinding out a lot of games.  But he also has a pretty nice talent in Hunt coming back in week 10.  I think without Hunt he's an easy 1st round selection in a 12 team league but not sure how to value him with Hunt.  I'd say drafting Hunt as a cuff is likely advised if you do.  If one goes down the other becomes very valuable.  How high would you draft? Early 2nd? 

Edited by purplemonster

In my recent drafts, he's gone 2.08,2.08, 2.08, 2.10, 2.09, 2.09, 2.08,  2.11 and 2.12.

Wow. That is some consistency. I have never drafted him. I think Hunt's impact will be felt right when you need Chubb the most. I agree - no Hunt and I would want Chubb in the first round.

You don't see many in season trades but also I am not sure if Cleveland would consider Hunt as a bargaining chip.  They haven't seemed to eager to get rid of Duke Johnson which makes me think they likely won't.  I am not an expert on in season trades though.  These things are hard or impossible to predict which is why when in doubt I prefer to draft the best athlete rather than the setup.  The problem is both are pretty damn good.  We are talking two perhaps top 5 RB's or close. 

Edited by purplemonster

2 hours ago, DMD said:

In my recent drafts, he's gone 2.08,2.08, 2.08, 2.10, 2.09, 2.09, 2.08,  2.11 and 2.12.

Wow. That is some consistency. I have never drafted him. I think Hunt's impact will be felt right when you need Chubb the most. I agree - no Hunt and I would want Chubb in the first round.

Where is hunt going in those drafts?

So, with luck there is no injury and chubb does what he did last year for 10 weeks.  We will need to hit on some upside mid to late round rb's to compensate for the potential dip with timeshare.

3 hours ago, purplemonster said:

You don't see many in season trades but also I am not sure if Cleveland would consider Hunt as a bargaining chip.  They haven't seemed to eager to get rid of Duke Johnson which makes me think they likely won't.  I am not an expert on in season trades though.  These things are hard or impossible to predict which is why when in doubt I prefer to draft the best athlete rather than the setup.  The problem is both are pretty damn good.  We are talking two perhaps top 5 RB's or close. 

It would be really foolish to trade Duke until Hunt is ready to play. Even then he may stay. 

Hunt is even harder to value in my view, no value thru first 9 weeks (2/3 of fantasy season) then he will be somewhere between Duke #s for last half of 2018 and his own numbers for 2nd half of 2018. 

4 hours ago, stevegrab said:

It would be really foolish to trade Duke until Hunt is ready to play. Even then he may stay. 

Hunt is even harder to value in my view, no value thru first 9 weeks (2/3 of fantasy season) then he will be somewhere between Duke #s for last half of 2018 and his own numbers for 2nd half of 2018. 

I agree with Steve on this. You can't worry about Hunt. Chubb is clearly the lead back. He's an absolute beast. The way this offense runs, Hunt will be the complementary back. Duke's job till then. All in on Chubb.

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I agree with Steve on this. You can't worry about Hunt. Chubb is clearly the lead back. He's an absolute beast. The way this offense runs, Hunt will be the complementary back. Duke's job till then. All in on Chubb.

I think this is more or less where I am.  The reason I ask is I'll be drafting in the second half of my drafts and I'd really like Chubb.  I'll try to pick up Hunt but I am not going to overpay either.  Coming back that late in the year is never a guarantee of much and by then I expect Chubb will be having a good year

Edited by purplemonster