[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys, Patriots & Eagles fans are the best in the NFL, according to one study

Wolverines Fan

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/24/cowboys-patriots-eagles-fans-rank-as-best-in-nfl-according-to-one-study/

Yes, there's a list of all 32 teams.

(Courtesy Emory University)

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Biggest surprise is the Chiefs.  I doubt that they are truly that low.  

Also of course everyone in Boston is a Pats fan after winning 5000 Super Bowls.  I'd be too. I'd like to know how you 'correct for recent success' with something as rare as that?

Edited by purplemonster

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 6:31 AM, League_Champion said:

I get the list is monetary but it's Bullcrap. 90% of Cowboy fans haven't been to, drove through or flown over Texas. Half couldn't pick Texas out on a map. Straight bandwagoning frauds. 

If you want the best fans you have to go to the Northeast. Giants, Jets, Eagles, Bills, Steelers, Redskins, etc. 

Americas team man. I know it makes you sob into your Randall Cunningham feet pajamas while you stare at your Lindross posters , but its true . That's why we are on national TV practically every week. Why would a bandwagon fan pick a team that hasn't won in 20+ years ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, whomper said:

Americas team man. I know it makes you sob into your Randall Cunningham feet pajamas while you stare at your Lindross posters , but its true . That's why we are on national TV practically every week. Why would a bandwagon fan pick a team that hasn't won in 20+ years ?

And your from NJ????? Hahaha. Point made.

1 hour ago, whomper said:

national TV

Probably why Cowboys and Pats top this list.  Single biggest factor for popularity across all sports in my opinion.  Its why the GD Cubs fans are everywhere (WGN) and Notre Dame football still doesn't even need to join a conference.  Hell, outside of possibly Antarctica there isn't a single continent that hasn't broadcasted a Manchester United game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Def. said:

Probably why Cowboys and Pats top this list.  Single biggest factor for popularity across all sports in my opinion.  Its why the GD Cubs fans are everywhere (WGN) and Notre Dame football still doesn't even need to join a conference.  Hell, outside of possibly Antarctica there isn't a single continent that hasn't broadcasted a Manchester United game. 

Agree. There are 2 separate arguments here. Who has the most fans, and who has the best fans? There's no doubt that there are more Cowboy fans. But you only see or hear from these cockroaches when they are winning. Otherwise they are huddled up in Mom's basement cooking meth. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, whomper said:

And this is why we all hate Cowboy fans. ;) 

America team, pathetic franchise clinging to their success from 20 years go, but of course Browns fans shouldn't enjoy their success from a few decades before that. 

I really hate any of these "studies" that use social media as a gauge, how many fans of sports team do you know that are on the teams fan site on Facebook. So its mostly based off casual fans. I don't buy merchandise, and my years of attending games (15 or so with season tickets with Browns 1.0 and 2.0) are in the past. So I guess I don't count as a fan of the Browns. 

Edited by stevegrab

28 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

America team, pathetic franchise clinging to their success from 20 years go, but of course Browns fans shouldn't enjoy their success from a few decades before that. 

I really hate any of these "studies" that use social media as a gauge, how many fans of sports team do you know that are on the teams fan site on Facebook. So its mostly based off casual fans. I don't buy merchandise, and my years of attending games (15 or so with season tickets with Browns 1.0 and 2.0) are in the past. So I guess I don't count as a fan of the Browns. 

You nailed it Steve. And that's why Brown's fans are REAL fans! They've been through hell. Unlike that clown Cowboy fan from New Jersey I have nothing but respect for Brown fans.

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I don't hate Dallas Cowboys fans. I hate Jerry Jones. 

Tom Landry and Roger Staubach are iconic. What Jimmy Johnson did coming from Miami was a pleasure to watch. The potential for Tony Romo with Bill Parcells was there. Then it became the Jerrah egomaniac show and it's been downhill ever since. I imagine many Cowboys fans feel the same way. 

OK actually on topic: the ranking of fans seems pretty dubious to me.

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 6:19 PM, League_Champion said:

You nailed it Steve. And that's why Brown's fans are REAL fans! They've been through hell. Unlike that clown Cowboy fan from New Jersey I have nothing but respect for Brown fans.

so you are only a true fan if your team is dreadful and you stick with them ? If that's the case , we are all posers aside from Browns and Lions fans . I actually think its great the Browns are on the rise. ODB is still a twat , but I love the team they put together

As far as Philly goes . Most Philly fans I know live in south jersey . Under their premise of why root for Dallas when you live in NJ, I say why not root for the 2 teams that play in NJ if you live in NJ

Sports is entertainment to me . I understand people that root for the home team , and I think that is great. When I was a boy , my older brother said you are a Cowboys and a Baltimore Orioles fan. I have been a fan of both teams for about 40 years . Never waivered through good or bad . It isn't as if the Giants are a group of guys from NJ that got together and started representing NJ . I view sports as entertainment and I have enjoyed being a fan of all of my favorite teams . Cowboys fans have the most haters. Its all good. It comes with being Americas team. Philly fans will always hate Dallas fans. We get it, we sent you to bed in tears for a majority of your lives and you will never catch us in SB wins . It stings . we understand

Edited by whomper

4 hours ago, whomper said:

so you are only a true fan if your team is dreadful and you stick with them ? If that's the case , we are all posers aside from Browns and Lions fans . I actually think its great the Browns are on the rise. ODB is still a twat , but I love the team they put together

As far as Philly goes . Most Philly fans I know live in south jersey . Under their premise of why root for Dallas when you live in NJ, I say why not root for the 2 teams that play in NJ if you live in NJ

Sports is entertainment to me . I understand people that root for the home team , and I think that is great. When I was a boy , my older brother said you are a Cowboys and a Baltimore Orioles fan. I have been a fan of both teams for about 40 years . Never waivered through good or bad . It isn't as if the Giants are a group of guys from NJ that got together and started representing NJ . I view sports as entertainment and I have enjoyed being a fan of all of my favorite teams . Cowboys fans have the most haters. Its all good. It comes with being Americas team. Philly fans will always hate Dallas fans. We get it, we sent you to bed in tears for a majority of your lives and you will never catch us in SB wins . It stings . we understand

So you are admitting that you are a worthless bandwagon Cowboys fan from New Jersey where you pump your fists, not your gas? 

4 hours ago, League_Champion said:

So you are admitting that you are a worthless bandwagon Cowboys fan from New Jersey where you pump your fists, not your gas? 

Do you feel that little quivery feeling in your stomach every time you get to say or type that "joke" out?

No dog in this fight, but don't you have a battery to chuck or Santa to boo?  Philly fan talking junk about any other fan is always fairly comical since you are - by measure - a bunch of toothless a-holes.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming....

3 hours ago, darin3 said:

No dog in this fight, but don't you have a battery to chuck or Santa to boo?  Philly fan talking junk about any other fan is always fairly comical since you are - by measure - a bunch of toothless a-holes.

:pop:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, darin3 said:

Do you feel that little quivery feeling in your stomach every time you get to say or type that "joke" out?

Back to your regularly scheduled programming....

Wow, real creative Darin. Did you think of that all by yourself. Chicago is the white trash metropolis of the World with 50 murders every weekend. Booing Santa doesn't seem so bad now does it? Nowhere near as bad as that dirtbag snowflake City you call home.