Sign in to follow this  
soopanuts

Chris Herndon, NYJ TE

What do we think for this year? I know there's a suspension looming. How do we see things like Gase, Bell, Crowder, and scheme factoring in?

3 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Undrafted in most formats. 

MFL, in "recent drafts" has Herndon as the #19 TE drafted; with an ADP in the 12th round for 12 team drafts.  Looks like he is getting picked up in about 80% of drafts.   

TE2 with upside sounds about right considering the changes. Seems like potential is there for him to become a consistent fantasy contributor, but wondering if the changes around him will limit his opportunities and ceiling.

I like Herndon.  His numbers were solid for a rookie tight end with a rookie quarterback.  PFF gave him the 12th highest overall grade and the 6th highest receiving grade for a tight end.  Both Darnold and Herndon could improve considerably.  Both have the potential to be top-5 at their position.  My only question is whether I draft him or try to be sneaky and pick him up in week 3 or 4.

4 games out should should generally lower investment needed to grab him late or pick up early in the season.

• Like 1