[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need Help Selecting keepers

Hi Everyone.

I am in a 10-person keeper league. You can keep 2 players from last year's roster after round 4. You then lose that pick in the following season's draft. My team really under-performed last year so I ended up trading most of my better players for picks in this year's draft.

Here are my potential keepers. I would love some help in choosing who to keep. They were all late round picks/picked up off waivers so I will not be losing any great benefit in the draft by keeping anyone.

1.) Tarik Cohen

2.) Kenyan Drake

3.) DJ Moore

4.) Chris Godwin

5.) Peyton Barber

6.) Lamar Miller

Also, one of the owners offered up Kerryon for a 6th round pick. That's another possible keeper if you think he's head and shoulders above one of the other RB options I listed.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks for replying.  It is 1 point PPR. 

Cohen - 15th round

Godwin was undrafted and waiver wire pickup so he would take up my last draft pick

Drake - Round 5

Miller - round 5

Moore - Round 10

Barber - undrafted waiver pickup. Would take up a late round spot for me 

thanks again. 

Drake and Miller offer little to no value at those rounds.  Just not far off from where they'd go in a 10 man anyways and they are shaky at best in terms of prognostications for the year. 

Barber is ugh...even at that round.  Is he the back, is he not, does Arians even care?  He's not the gamble I'd want.   

Leaves Cohen, Godwin, and Moore. 

Cohen is massively intriguing in a PPR based off last years numbers.  Of course it's not last year and Montgomery could possibly get in the way, but regardless you kind of have to take that chance with that super low cost. 

I like both Godwin and Moore to step up this year, but it's a coin flip on deciding between them.  Godwin in Arian's system and with that cost is great, but he has a lower floor and higher chance of being a bust than Moore.  Moore's 10th round cost is a bit more prohibitive to me and I have concerns about both team and QB stability in Carolina could diminish his return on investment.  So where to put the risk?  /shrug

Personally I'd probably go Cohen and Godwin, but wouldn't fault any combo of Cohen/Godwin/Moore. 

Edited by Def.
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Def. said:

Drake and Miller offer little to no value at those rounds.  Just not far off from where they'd go in a 10 man anyways and they are shaky at best in terms of prognostications for the year. 

Barber is ugh...even at that round.  Is he the back, is he not, does Arians even care?  He's not the gamble I'd want.   

Cohen is massively intriguing in a PPR based off last years numbers.  Of course it's not last year and Montgomery could possibly get in the way, but regardless you kind of have to take that chance with that super low cost. 

I like both Godwin and Moore to step up this year, but it's a coin flip on deciding between them.  Godwin in Arian's system and with that cost is great, but he has a lower floor and higher chance of being a bust than Moore.  Moore's 10th round cost is a bit more prohibitive to me and I have concerns about both team and QB stability in Carolina could diminish his return on investment.  So where to put the risk?  /shrug

Personally I'd probably go Cohen and Godwin, but wouldn't fault any combo of Cohen/Godwin/Moore. 

Agree with this 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Def. said:

100% agree with this even though I really like Moore to perform well this year.

What would Kerryon cost you to keep. I understand you are giving up a 6th to acquire him, but what would you give up to keep him?

Also, what additional picks did you acquire? That will help determine if Kerryon is worth giving up a 6th plus another pick to keep since you have additional picks to offset that cost.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 2:34 PM, DistortionX said:

Thank you both. My thoughts were Cohen/Godwin as well. Glad that you both confirmed. Thanks!

Cohen should be a lock as one of your keepers.  Personally I would prefer Godwin over Moore.  I just don't trust the QB and passing game in Carolina.........unless the receiver is McAffery