[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worst NFL idea ever

DMD

Report: Owners have proposed 18 games, with a 16-game limit for each player

What a colossal headache. You know coaches would not tip off opponents as to which healthy player is not going to actually play. Wouldn't that make fantasy lineups a headache. No way this can happen. This screams greed over all else.

They would need to expand roster sizes, which would cost them more money, to accomplish this. Plus, no way are the TV contractors going to pay top dollar to televise a game with ARod's or TB12's backup. 

This is either a joke or a transparently bad negotiation ploy.

Agreed on all counts.

Basically, you cannot have more than about 90% of your team available. Do teams throw away games in the middle of the season? Do you want to pay full price to see a game intentionally watered down? Like the article said, every crowd-drawing superstar misses two games. That would just suck all around. It sounds all very much like a corporate kind of decision with no basis in reality what it would mean..

They are trying to forge a new CBA now instead of waiting after next season. But wow... what a starting point.

1 hour ago, Wolverines Fan said:

The regular season and playoff formats are fine.  The owners want to fix stuff that isn't broken all in the name of greed.

I mostly have faith in the owners.  The legacy owners like the Rooneys and the Maras are truly stewards of the game.  Their love of the game is greater than their love of money.  I'm sure that a few of the newer owners want the 18 game schedule.  But if the old guard owners oppose it, the newer owners will concede.  The owners might just be proposing it as a bargaining chip since the players oppose it.

Intentionally sidelining an OL can lead to more injuries for QBs, RBs, and other OL.

Then they’ll need backups for the backups of their backups.

Still trying to pay for 16 game checks while adding revenue for the added games is pretty covert. No one can see what they are up to.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Riffraff said:

Intentionally sidelining an OL can lead to more injuries for QBs, RBs, and other OL.

Then they’ll need backups for the backups of their backups.

Still trying to pay for 16 game checks while adding revenue for the added games is pretty covert. No one can see what they are up to.

Agree, it's a recipe for disaster. 

• Thanks 1

I like it. Maybe they can go to a 32 game sked where at the halfway point they have playoffs and a SB1stH. Then the second half with playoffs and a SB2ndH. Then finish up with both SB(part 1 and 2) in one gigantic SB. If they were to put their minds to it we could have

the NFL year 'round. 

They could have a 30 round draft to help flesh out the rosters too.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

On 7/13/2019 at 5:07 PM, skylive5 said:

I like it. Maybe they can go to a 32 game sked where at the halfway point they have playoffs and a SB1stH. Then the second half with playoffs and a SB2ndH. Then finish up with both SB(part 1 and 2) in one gigantic SB. If they were to put their minds to it we could have

the NFL year 'round. 

They could have a 30 round draft to help flesh out the rosters too.

Haha. Don't let the investors hear that. 

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:10 AM, Bobby Brown said:

Imagine spending thousands on a ticket and travelling to see someone like Drew Brees,/Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers play; then it ends up being the game where he/they sit.  

Ha Ha.  No, I cannot imagine that.

5 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Chuckle, I hear you. 

But, I meant tickets, airfare, hotel, etc...to a city you want to see.  People do it all the time, and not to see backups.

And has already been a big issue with the NBA. 

19 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Chuckle, I hear you. 

But, I meant tickets, airfare, hotel, etc...to a city you want to see.  People do it all the time, and not to see backups.

Great point. In reality it would be like adding 2 pre-season games except they count in the standings. I really hope they ditch this idea.