Wolverines Fan

Rumor: Ezekiel Elliott planning a training camp holdout

On 8/13/2019 at 8:21 PM, Shaft said:

After looking at this, he easily worth more than $15 million:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/quarterback/

I'd say the top 4 on that list are worth their pay, the next 4 not so much, Stafford probably best value there. Brees and Brady are underpaid, and Carr, Smith and Flacco are overpaid. Luck is overpaid if he continues missing a lot of time. 

Agree Dak is more in the 18-25 value range, not 30+  But I also know new contracts are always more than old ones, and very few of these ever really run their course so the reported annual salaries are often meaningless (and change in 2-3 years with another extension).

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

I'd say the top 4 on that list are worth their pay, the next 4 not so much, Stafford probably best value there. Brees and Brady are underpaid, and Carr, Smith and Flacco are overpaid. Luck is overpaid if he continues missing a lot of time. 

Agree Dak is more in the 18-25 value range, not 30+  But I also know new contracts are always more than old ones, and very few of these ever really run their course so the reported annual salaries are often meaningless (and change in 2-3 years with another extension).

He's gonna get 25+ regardless. What choice does Jerrah have? 

13 hours ago, Shaft said:

Got to love Jerry and his spin to the media.  "Y'all said I need to get a contract done, well I did...." yes except it wasn't one of the 3 key contracts that you needed to get done, so big whoop-de-doo 

I sympathize with Zeke's approach but it was always risky. If Pollard looks good week 1 then Zeke's leverage is all gone. If I was Jerrah - and realize I despise him - I would start playing some real hardball.

6 minutes ago, stethant said:

I sympathize with Zeke's approach but it was always risky. If Pollard looks good week 1 then Zeke's leverage is all gone. If I was Jerrah - and realize I despise him - I would start playing some real hardball.

It's interesting for sure. I didn't think it would go this long. Where are the Cowboys without Zeke, 8-8?

19 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

It's interesting for sure. I didn't think it would go this long. Where are the Cowboys without Zeke, 8-8?

So....I think the Cowboys may be about to test the analytics theory that RBs aren't worth big money contracts. If it works and Pollard can carry the load, that's the end of the RB market in the NFL.

I still think Zeke will be back by week 1 but I would relish the chance to see the analytics experiment play out. Could be that Zeke really is that valuable - I'll admit that upfront.

1 hour ago, stethant said:

So....I think the Cowboys may be about to test the analytics theory that RBs aren't worth big money contracts. If it works and Pollard can carry the load, that's the end of the RB market in the NFL.

I still think Zeke will be back by week 1 but I would relish the chance to see the analytics experiment play out. Could be that Zeke really is that valuable - I'll admit that upfront.

Yeah

But then Why draft a rb in the 1st round?