[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rumor: Ezekiel Elliott planning a training camp holdout

Wolverines Fan

14 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Yes but assess the risk. What's left after the big 4? A scrap heap of ok backs that may or may not be worth a first round pick and will NEVER put of Zeke type numbers in their respectable offenses.

I don't necessaily agree with your newest pile of verbal diaherra you are smearing against the wall of this forum.

There are several talented RBs after the big 4 that have high ceilings with some very real floor concerns; which Elliiot also has until he reports.  I have the 4th pick in a draft on Thursday; and Zeke is obviously a target if he reports.  In PPR leagues; Johnson, Bell, Conner, Gurley, Mixon, Cook, and Kerryon Johnson (going late 2nd early third) all have realistic chances of making RB5 or higher (maybe even Chubb in PPR leagues). While none of those guys are safe, and some I will probably avoid, they aren't scrubs and are capable of being cogs on a championship roster.  

I could conceivably get Mixon, Cook, or K Johnson; after going Deandre Hopkins at 1.4, in a league where you can start 4 WRs and 2 RBs.  If Elliot doesn't report, I'm leaning Johnson. This year,  PPR WR value is insane until about the end of round 6; and generally much better value than the available RBs from about halfway through 2nd round until then.  I have about a dozen RBs targeted through rounds 6 through 15, when RB PPG projections start to equal remaining WR PPG projections.  

It certainly isn't a ground breaking strategy, or a zero RB strategy, as I like to commit to a RB in round 1 if practicable. But, it seems even most high stakes players forget that every year guys like James White, T. Cohen,  Phillips, Yeldon, Nyeim Hines,  Jalen Richard, and Matt Breida end up essentially  offering low end RB1 through RB2 PPR value (some of these guys, but not all; are on my radar for value this year).  These "type of RBs" are cheap to shotgun while everyone else is spending high draft capital on hopeful bell cows in rounds 2.5ish through 5.   There is a nice subset of 2019 RBs who are safe double digit PPG pass catching dudes, some have extra potential to offer other than low floors.  I'n the drafts I've done so far, I'm getting these guys later while everyone else is convinced WR is deep and shotgunning them. 

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

I don't necessaily agree with your newest pile of verbal diaherra you are smearing against the wall of this forum.

There are several talented RBs after the big 4 that have high ceilings with some very real floor concerns; which Elliiot also has until he reports.  I have the 4th pick in a draft on Thursday; and Zeke is obviously a target if he reports.  In PPR leagues; Johnson, Bell, Conner, Gurley, Mixon, Cook, and Kerryon Johnson (going late 2nd early third) all have realistic chances of making RB5 or higher (maybe even Chubb in PPR leagues). While none of those guys are safe, and some I will probably avoid, they aren't scrubs and are capable of being cogs on a championship roster.  

I could conceivably get Mixon, Cook, or K Johnson; after going Deandre Hopkins at 1.4, in a league where you can start 4 WRs and 2 RBs.  If Elliot doesn't report, I'm leaning Johnson. This year,  PPR WR value is insane until about the end of round 6; and generally much better value than the available RBs from about halfway through 2nd round until then.  I have about a dozen RBs targeted through rounds 6 through 15, when RB PPG projections start to equal remaining WR PPG projections.  

It certainly isn't a ground breaking strategy, or a zero RB strategy, as I like to commit to a RB in round 1 if practicable. But, it seems even most high stakes players forget that every year guys like James White, T. Cohen,  Phillips, Yeldon, Nyeim Hines,  Jalen Richard, and Matt Breida end up essentially  offering low end RB1 through RB2 PPR value (some of these guys, but not all; are on my radar for value this year).  These "type of RBs" are cheap to shotgun while everyone else is spending high draft capital on hopeful bell cows in rounds 2.5ish through 5.   There is a nice subset of 2019 RBs who are safe double digit PPG pass catching dudes, some have extra potential to offer other than low floors.  I'n the drafts I've done so far, I'm getting these guys later while everyone else is convinced WR is deep and shotgunning them. 

Thanks for the insult.

You just agreed with me and my "verbal diarrhea". There is nothing close to Zeke outside of the big 4 and that's a fact. You'd be a fool to pass on Zeke no matter where he falls. That's the point here 

5 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

But, it seems even most high stakes players forget that every year guys like James White, T. Cohen,  Phillips, Yeldon, Nyeim Hines,  Jalen Richard, and Matt Breida end up essentially  offering low end RB1 through RB2 PPR value (some of these guys, but not all; are on my radar for value this year

This conversation is about Zeke. Not a bag full of RB3's. Are you serious in thinking any of these clowns can replace Zeke's numbers?? Are you telling me that if Zeke falls to 5 you wouldn't take him?

• Like 1

I had the 4th pick in a ppr draft last Saturday and passed on Zeke for David Johnson. I drafted Bell last year and obviously that didn’t work out. I get that the situation is different than Bell last year but I wasn’t taking that risk again. And I don’t feel like I made the wrong decision at all

Edited by Finn5033

19 hours ago, League_Champion said:

WTF is your infatuation with me? If you don't like what I say block me and shut the F up. It's that simple Couzin. 

:pop:  This is going to be good.   

He's right, you post and say a lot of stuff you don't really believe. You keep doubling down and saying more stupid stuff.

- don't need my first round pick to make the playoff, or you believe he'll play virtually all of the season, because why?

- Zeke has no leverage, but the Cowboys need him bad and are 8-8 without him :crazy: 

When I heard the phrase "we're far apart on many (almost all things) during negotiations over the weekend I figured it could go south. Could he be signed and play week 1, sure but there's also a chance he holds out all season, or for a significant time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

:pop:  This is going to be good.   

He's right, you post and say a lot of stuff you don't really believe. You keep doubling down and saying more stupid stuff.

- don't need my first round pick to make the playoff, or you believe he'll play virtually all of the season, because why?

- Zeke has no leverage, but the Cowboys need him bad and are 8-8 without him :crazy: 

When I heard the phrase "we're far apart on many (almost all things) during negotiations over the weekend I figured it could go south. Could he be signed and play week 1, sure but there's also a chance he holds out all season, or for a significant time.

So don't draft him Steve. I did. 

8 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

They don't listen to me Trevor. They'd rather bitch and complain because they are scared to take a risk. Enjoy your Marlon Macks of the world Bobby Brown. Let me know how that works out for you. 

:headbang:

They still need to come to agreement on certain aspects of the contracts stipulations but the way things are going it seems both sides want the deal done now

6 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

They don't listen to me Trevor. They'd rather bitch and complain because they are scared to take a risk. Enjoy your Marlon Macks of the world Bobby Brown. Let me know how that works out for you. 

Slice and Dice.....(Batman Dark Knight Returns)

That's a lot of money.  I wonder what the guarantee money will look like?  Back loaded contract in order to be labeled "highest paid RB"?

41 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

6 years 90 mil according to Florio

14 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

"I received some information that Zeke and his team are on their way back to Dallas. It's going to be a 7-year deal and it'll be a mega deal, one that's going to shock a lot of people… I do believe Zeke Elliott will carry the ball on Sunday for the Cowboys." — @ShannonSharpe

Rub it in LC. You’ve earned it. :lol:

8 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Thanks for the insult.

:lol:

Sorry.  It was a tiny slap and tickle.  But I also took the opportunity to kick out some actual logic and information.  Don't get butthurt because you're frequently getting called out for your steady stream of nonsense.  Cowboy up!

Or you could start trying for quality over quantity.  :)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bobby Brown said:

:lol:

Sorry.  It was a tiny slap and tickle.  But I also took the opportunity to kick out some actual logic and information.  Don't get butthurt because you're frequently getting called out for your steady stream of nonsense.  Cowboy up!

Or you could start trying for quality over quantity.  :)

Exactly what logic was that? The logic that you'd rather have 2 scrubs than a Zeke Elliott? You NEVER pass the opportunity to grab Zeke. Please let me know how that works out. And yes I was right again, it must eat you alive. 

23 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

The logic that you'd rather have 2 scrubs than a Zeke Elliott? 

I never said that I'd rather have 2 scrubs; nor did I ever state that Zeke wouldn't sign before the season.  I'll be ecstatic if he does before my Thursday draft.  

Proclaiming yourself a winner of an imaginary argument is a lot like masturbation.  I'm sure it's making you feel good, but ultimately you're just mindlessly jerking it in front of everyone here. 

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Haha 1