[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Patrick Mahomes or Cmac keeper

Preston

14 team half a ppr league with Qb getting 6 points per td plus bonus for passing yards at 300 400 and 500. Also 1/2 point per completed pass. League also has bonus for rushing at 150 and receiving at 150 yards. Should I keep Mahomes as a 8th round keeper or C mac as a 2nd round keeper. I pick 12th overall so c mac would be pick 17. Im thinking to go with Mahomes but am i getting better keeper value with Cmac?

That is a very very QB friendly league you have there, which makes Mahomes more attractive.

Who else is going to be kept though?  If the other top players are going to be kept, pick 17 is worth even less in the grand scheme so CMC there is more valuable.  Personally, I'd probably keep CMC and roll the dice with another QB.

6 hours ago, zips5000 said:

That is a very very QB friendly league you have there, which makes Mahomes more attractive.

I disagree. Any QB scoring system will affect the QB rankings only and not the value of the other positions. You can make passing TDs = 100pts but it's 100pts per TD for every QB. It wouldn't change the rarity and value of a stud RB -- the top 4 pick should still be RBs: Saquan-Kamara-Ezekiel-Cmac.

CMac is a consensus top-5 pick so I'd keep the stud for a 2nd rounder.

6 hours ago, JumpingJehosaphat said:

I disagree. Any QB scoring system will affect the QB rankings only and not the value of the other positions. You can make passing TDs = 100pts but it's 100pts per TD for every QB. It wouldn't change the rarity and value of a stud RB -- the top 4 pick should still be RBs: Saquan-Kamara-Ezekiel-Cmac.

If you read my post, I said I would personally keep CMC, just that it was a very friendly league that led to Mahomes being more attractive than normal leagues.

4 hours ago, zips5000 said:

If you read my post, I said I would personally keep CMC, just that it was a very friendly league that led to Mahomes being more attractive than normal leagues.

Right. If you read my post, the bolded is what I disagreed with. Mahomes is no more or less attractive with QB TDs=6pts or 100pts, that's all. Now if it's a 2QB league then, yes, that IS a QB-friendly league and all QBs get a bump in value.

Edited by JumpingJehosaphat

I understand that every QB gets the same bump but if Mahomes performs the best these bonuses seem like they would widen the gap between other QB. For example 5 tds at 4point value would be 20. But at 6 Thats 30. So if another qb gets 4 td at 4 points thats 16. But in 6 point league thats only 24. So the gap widens. Then when you add in 3 point bonus at 300 4 point bonus at 400 and 5 point bonus at 500 it seems like Mahomes would seperate from other Qbs easier then in a standard league which is whats making the decision so hard

17 minutes ago, Preston said:

I understand that every QB gets the same bump but if Mahomes performs the best these bonuses seem like they would widen the gap between other QB. For example 5 tds at 4point value would be 20. But at 6 Thats 30. So if another qb gets 4 td at 4 points thats 16. But in 6 point league thats only 24. So the gap widens. Then when you add in 3 point bonus at 300 4 point bonus at 400 and 5 point bonus at 500 it seems like Mahomes would seperate from other Qbs easier then in a standard league which is whats making the decision so hard

And that was the point that I was trying to make.

Still, what do you think is more likely?  1 - Mahomes has another season for the record books or 2 - he regresses some towards above average QB numbers?  Given a season of watching him play, I think teams will be able to limit (not stop) some of those numbers.  

14 hours ago, JumpingJehosaphat said:

I disagree here. When you increase the scoring for a QB then there is a bigger chance for disparity in QB scoring.  I do agree with the maintained value of stud RBs, but a change in QB scoring can consequently change the overall rankings since the scoring disparity will be greater QBs.