[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Help with keepers!?

opopopop

1 hour ago, Big Country said:

It's all situation specific. You have to compare what each player costs to the value they give you and also the value the pick would give you.

If Conner and Williams were going to cost you say a 4th and a 5th round pick, they are still good value there, but not nearly what you are currently getting, and the equation above now becomes what is better - Conner/Williams plus your 1st two picks or a JuJu/Kelce plus what you are likely to get in the 4th and 5th instead of 16th/17th

You need to come up with a best guess on who will be kept so you know what the player pool is, then come up with a range of players likely to be available at your picks, just use ADP and your knowledge of your leaguemates to build this range. Look at the possible combos available to you, figure out which one you think is best and put that plan into action. Focusing too much on a specific player at a specific pick (outside of your keepers) is a recipe for disaster as there are too many moving parts as far as who specifically gets picked where, but having a range gives you something to work on to make educated decisions.

Edit to add: I'll further complicate this a bit - are you able to make trades prior to announcing keepers? If so, then we need to expand on this discussion a bit.

I’m not sure that you can trade specific players. But picks I believe so. Also I will also update this thread after the keeper date. Which is the 13th 

32 minutes ago, opopopop said:

I’m not sure that you can trade specific players. But picks I believe so. Also I will also update this thread after the keeper date. Which is the 13th 

Got it.

Asking because one of the basic strategies of a keeper league like this where you can only keep a small number of players is to try and trade players you aren't going to keep for pick improvements. For example, you aren't keeping Odell but say you had another owner that did want to - you could trade him Odell and say a 6th rounder for his 3rd rounder. You essentially upgrade from the 6th to the 3rd for the cost of a player you weren't keeping anyway.