[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

D'Onta Foreman released

DMD

1 hour ago, Shaft said:

There are talks of the Texans pursuing Melvin Gordon. Don't they have a lot of cap space? They aren't burdened with heavy contracts. This could be a possibility 

HOU O-line sucks but that would be a great boost for the Texans. 

11 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Almost forgot about him. He wasn't bad. I liked Lamar Miller but he never seemed to figure it out. 

The Guy has averaged about 950 rushing yards and 225 passing yards with 6 td a year for the last 3 seasons in Houston.   By no means spectacular, but certainly a useful rb2 (in 16 team leagues) rb2/3 in 12 team.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

The Guy has averaged about 950 rushing yards and 225 passing yards with 6 td a year for the last 3 seasons in Houston.   By no means spectacular, but certainly a useful rb2 (in 16 team leagues) rb2/3 in 12 team.

Yup, It seems like I ended up with him every year. He was a decent depth/flex at times. 

This signing makes sense.  Foreman is a great pass blocker.  Pass protection is a priority for Andrew Luck.  Marlon Mack was graded by PFF as the worst pass blocker in the league last year.  Mack's shortcomings at pass protection and receiving will likely prevent him from increasing his role this year.  But many are going to draft him in the 3rd round because for many drafters running backs are like a drug they can't give up.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently he has a torn bicep, that will sideline for 4 months. He played in the week 2 pre-season game with the Browns but made no impact that I saw (1 carry for 1-, 1 catch for 6) nor do I recall him being injured. I do recall some talk about him and seeing what he does with a change of scenery.