[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tom Brady signs contract extension

Big John

6 hours ago, Shaft said:

Quite honestly, it's a bargain for what he has done for that franchise. I'm no Brady fan, almost anti-Brady, but his contributions should be recognized in his contracts also. 

I agree. I think that's all it is. The Pats know this thing is winding down. Take care of Tommy, he's a legend in NE. 

Just give the guy the award for most valuable player, especially relative to salary. Without Brady who knows how many Super Bowls the Patriots win. Maybe 0 instead of 6. I think old Billy could have won 1 or 2 even with a semi- scrub at QB but definitely not 6. 

Edited by purplemonster

On 8/4/2019 at 2:51 PM, indyrckstar said:

He thinks he can beat father time....

So far he is doing it, not seeing a lot of declining skills there. 

People keep saying he cannot keep it up, and will fall apart soon. They point to others like Favre and Peyton. I'll believe it when I see it, same goes for Brees.

11 minutes ago, Big John said:

Further details say it voids at the end of the 2019 year.  Is this really an extension? :shrug:

According to this NFL.com article that is correct, and he will basically become a free agent. This is a salary cap move to spread money out over more years, not uncommon but first time they believe Pats used it

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Even with BB & TB in your way the Steelers still won two Super Bowls in that era, not bad. I'm hoping the Pats go away soon, Browns and Chiefs coming to power at the right time. 

Superbowl 43 was 2008, year Tommy tore acl.. But thanks for trying to cheer me up ! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, stevegrab said:

And SB 40 in 2005 season?

Correct, Pats 3-peat was ruined by a Jake Plummer lead Broncos in the AFC Divisional Game.

I'm certainly not complaining about the seasons we've had the last 20 or so years BUT i'd be remiss if I didn't think of what could be if not for Tom and Bill. Steelers would most likely have a few more Titles

2001, 13-3 and upset in Title Game at home ( Although I think Tom only played partial game after Bledsoe injury??)

2004 after going 15-1 in Ben's rookie season, we lost at home in the AFC Champ Game again

2017, Another loss in AFC title game but this time on the road. 

I hate Tom for owning us, but I respect the legend and the greatness, however I'm ready for it to end LOL

9 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Correct, Pats 3-peat was ruined by a Jake Plummer lead Broncos in the AFC Divisional Game.

I'm certainly not complaining about the seasons we've had the last 20 or so years BUT i'd be remiss if I didn't think of what could be if not for Tom and Bill. Steelers would most likely have a few more Titles

2001, 13-3 and upset in Title Game at home ( Although I think Tom only played partial game after Bledsoe injury??)

2004 after going 15-1 in Ben's rookie season, we lost at home in the AFC Champ Game again

2017, Another loss in AFC title game but this time on the road. 

I hate Tom for owning us, but I respect the legend and the greatness, however I'm ready for it to end LOL

2001- No...tom actually started that game and bledsoe had to come in for relief and finish it....there was a bunch of talk leading up to the superbowl over who should start around here at the time...people wondering if brady was good enough to play....bledsoe filled in and did ok but wasnt great...he got away with nearly throwing a dumb int but iirc it got dropped and probably shouldnt have...it was a dumb throw short over the middle iirc

that 2005 game against denver was a frustrating one...featured the crazy champ bailey/ben watson play....crazy to think bailey just got inducted and watson is still active!!! that was a 13-3 denver team too and your steelers rolled them pretty good in denver too

4 hours ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

2001- No...tom actually started that game and bledsoe had to come in for relief and finish it...

that was a 13-3 denver team too and your steelers rolled them pretty good in denver too

Oh ok I had it backwards

Yes the steelers snuck into the playoffs and the defense got red hot. 3 road wins including Mannings Colts and those Broncos.