[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Take WR WR with my first 2 picks?

12 Team ppr league we start 3 WR’s and I have 9th pick. Last year I picked 10th and got Hopkins and then Julio on the turn which was great but I still missed playoffs by a fraction of a point. So with 9th pick do I aim for either D Johnson, Mixon, or Connor ( just examples) then try to land Tyreek Hill on the turn? Or try to get 2 stud receivers instead? 

RBS & TES are each slim pickings rafter the first 2 rounds. I would go RB 1st round T Kelcee 2nd rd. If you can settle for kittle  or Ertz then I’d go stud WR on the turn then hurry and get a TE 3rd pick. Or else get a mediocre TE later on with little value in the starting role 

Edited by TrevorThinksHeKnowsFantasy

Go for the best RBs or Wrs available, even if it means two WRs. I would be bias for two RBs, but you don't pass on Hopkins or Michael Thomas if they're available.

Edited by Shaft

A top tier TE will get nearly as many or more targets as a top tier WR.  There aren’t many TEs in the league that will consistently provide value each week. Don’t put mediocrity in your starting role. You will get abundantly more, typically, out of a 2nd tier wide out pre mid draft than you would out a 2nd tier TE pre mid draft. Get your TE at round 2 or 3 then go to someone like cooks or cooper for second slot WR at round 4. 

I would go.. 

1.RB

2.TE(Kelce) 

3.WR

4. WR

or 

1.RB 

2.WR 

3.TE(kittle/ertz).

4.WR

Draft your second slot WR before your second slot RB because the first few rounds you want the best value. There will be more value at the WR position at round 4 than at RB, typically.  Which is also why I draft top RB first round. The availability will be different with 12 team lg though. I play 10, but you get the point. 

Well, clearly people have different opinions. I believe there are 3 elite TEs and after that it's get muddled; I'm not losing sleep if I miss one of them. It's about total points, so you draft what you see best. 

Right. But you have to play a TE slot each week. I’d rather draft a Kelce & settle for a Will Fuller type than draft a Cooper type and settle for an elvin engram who will intermittently get you 6 targets & 3 catches in a game. You have consistent inconsistency in your starting role. I am forced to play a TE. So that starting role should be filled with value which is why I draft TE high in hopes to get value at every position. I will happily plug in a will fuller or a Tyler Boyd  week to week & expect numbers, and lick my chops as kelce/kittle put up equally great numbers, as opposed to being forced to start a Rudolph and expect very little output for the sake of drafting a slightly better WR or RB. There is plenty of WR talent out there to settle for a 4th round second slot guy. Hell you can have 4 or 5 WR on your team that will put up better numbers than your one TE. You can mix & match those guys all year long. Otherwise you have 2 great WR & one crap TE you are stuck with every week

13 hours ago, League_Champion said:

When your that close to the turn go best available. If you have the luxury of going RB/WR, great. IMO you definitely need to come away with at least 1 RB in those first 2 rounds. Otherwise you'll be left with slim pickings. 

Yeah, in my big money league I have the 11th pick (out of 12).  In mocks so far I have been trying 3 different strategies.  WR/WR, RB/RB. and then either WR/RB and Kelce.  Every time I do it, I like how my team comes out best when I end up going RB/RB, even though it may be reaching for 1 of the RBs by a pick or two.  When I do start WR/WR it usually ends up as a mess.  

3 minutes ago, The Hellion said:

I'm in the same boat this year.  I draft #14 out of 14, so I'm thinking WR/WR or WR/Kelce.  The RBs that will be available to me are not much better than I might get at the 42-43 turn.

That's probably not a bad idea. If Kelce isn't there then Ertz/WR. Load up on late round handcuffs to. 

30 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

I've tried the WR / WR strategy before and it's never worked great.  I would highly consider a RB before the last pick of the 3rd round

I'll have to wait and see if a decent RB falls to me at 14. If not I will have to rely on sleepers.

3 minutes ago, The Hellion said:

I'll have to wait and see if a decent RB falls to me at 14. If not I will have to rely on sleepers.

Hopefully somebody decent falls to you at 14.  In 2007, I went WR / WR / WR (but they were Moss, Andrew Johnson and Ochocinco) and I went 5 - 0 before Johnson and Ochocinco got injured.  That was a 14 team league as well.

Go RB/TE I think. Those 2 positions are slim pickings. However, ONLY draft a TE that early ONLY ONLY ONLY if you can get Kittle/Kelce/Ertz. Otherwise go RB/best available (that isn't a QB). WR holds its value longer so you can afford to miss out on the elite guys.

Thanks got all the replys. I agree about the importance of RB’s and even if I have to reach a little I do need to grab at least one. I can’t bank on landing this year’s Kamara or Lindsay off of the waiver wire 

Edited by Brennan1978

On 8/5/2019 at 9:26 AM, The Hellion said:

I'm in the same boat this year.  I draft #14 out of 14, so I'm thinking WR/WR or WR/Kelce.  The RBs that will be available to me are not much better than I might get at the 42-43 turn.

I just did my 1st 14 team draft, luckily I had 2nd pick so I was able to get CMC then Mike Evans and end of 2nd round. You might have to really reach if you wanna grab 2 RB’s but at that point you should focus on best available player regardless of position. Good luck either way