[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Antonio Brown has frostbitten feet

Wolverines Fan

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

When I was attending school in Los Angeles all the Mexican kids used to call us white "honkies". One time I chirped back "white and proud of, is that a problem".  I didn't call them names, so not sure why they were blasting me. 

What part of LA did you grow up in ?? dont tell me the valley, westside or the southbay ?? 

32 minutes ago, Carr4MVP said:

Mayocks job was to have an extra pair of eyes for talent evaluating thats it, he over stepped his duties with the fine letter. don't get it twisted but gruden runs the Freakin show, but you saps ate it up and now you have egg on your face. LOL ! ! !

Again if you think this is a win for you team then I guess you're the perfect fan for the Raiders organization. The right thing would have been not to let AB think he can do whatever he wants without consequences. The only ones with eggs on their faces are the Raiders. 

• Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, Carr4MVP said:

What part of LA did you grow up in ?? dont tell me the valley, westside or the southbay ?? 

I lived for 12 years (70-82) in the city of Los Angeles, near Glendale, neighborhood of Glassell Park, attended LA City Schools. The gangs had kind of died out but there were many who thought they were tough. One time in gym they wanted to play tackle football (on asphalt) and then picked teams with all of them against the rest of us. When the coach walked by and one of the kids mentioned we were playing tackle, he was real pissed and ready to bust some of their heads. 

I was born in Gary IN (moved to LA at age 5) not sure that I'm proud of it but that is my birthplace. I've lived in Northeast Ohio for the past 37 years, the vast majority of my life. I like it here, LA is too crowded and full of fake people. 

Well I thought he had taken a swing.  If so I didn't think there would be any reconciliation.  But I guess it was only a threat to punch Mayock lol.  Hey Gruden, do what you have to do to get some wins.  I think Gruden is concerned about looking like a doofus this early in his tenure.  He's already been a slight  punchline and this would just make it worse. I just am not expecting anything good here.  

5 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

How many of you think Gruden went into Mayock's office and laid into him?  

I mean, Antonio Brown is the best player on the Raiders 53-man squad

Didn’t he have a hard line against Mack last year and just let him go (for picks) ? Mack wasn’t a me first guy. 

4 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I lived for 12 years (70-82) in the city of Los Angeles, near Glendale, neighborhood of Glassell Park, attended LA City Schools. The gangs had kind of died out but there were many who thought they were tough. One time in gym they wanted to play tackle football (on asphalt) and then picked teams with all of them against the rest of us. When the coach walked by and one of the kids mentioned we were playing tackle, he was real pissed and ready to bust some of their heads. 

I was born in Gary IN (moved to LA at age 5) not sure that I'm proud of it but that is my birthplace. I've lived in Northeast Ohio for the past 37 years, the vast majority of my life. I like it here, LA is too crowded and full of fake people. 

Excellent recollection. This one relished the times of his youth. Nostalgia set in and telling an in depth, retrospective story was the only reasonable thing to do. To his honor. 

Edited by TrevorThinksHeKnowsFantasy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Carr4MVP said:

Mayocks job was to have an extra pair of eyes for talent evaluating thats it, he over stepped his duties with the fine letter. don't get it twisted but gruden runs the Freakin show, but you saps ate it up and now you have egg on your face. LOL ! ! !

It's only Friday - we have almost 3 more days of this circus before the answer is known.

Either way, rejoice! You have years and years more of the Jon Gruden clown show to enjoy. :fool:

Edited by stethant
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Antonio Brown’s $1M signing bonus was actually two $500,000 workout bonuses that required he attend at least 85% of the offseason program. He didn’t, so he’s already lost $500k. If he’s released prior to Week 1, he’ll leave Oakland with $0 cash earned, & $0 dead cap

Lol.  Oh man, I shouldn't enjoy this as much as I do.  WTF.  What a clown show.  I seriously hope this dude gets some help.  He isn't well.  

I think we can confidently say that AB isn't playing Monday if he is publicly asking for his release.  But, hey, at this point I am not sure anymore.  

1 minute ago, purplemonster said:

Lol.  Oh man, I shouldn't enjoy this as much as I do.  WTF.  What a clown show.  I seriously hope this dude gets some help.  He isn't well.  

I think we can confidently say that AB isn't playing Monday if he is publicly asking for his release.  But, hey, at this point I am not sure anymore.  

The Raiders have the opportunity to walk away from this with no money or cap hit. Believe me, he's gone!

I'll say 2 things. Knowing what we know now, the Steelers should win a Nobel Peace Prize for keeping a lid on him for the majority of the 9 years he was there. Secondly. We got Devin Bush out of that trade lol. The 20 mil dead money was WELL WORTH IT!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

But they did give up 2 draft picks for him

"Sunk costs are no costs"

That's the only thing I remember from a semester of Managerial Accounting.

it is like watching a documentary about Crazytown.

Guess we all should have known this wasn't over when it was announced he was going to play yesterday. 

Does make me wonder did they not tell AB they were voiding it, did he not believe them, or understand this was possible after he sat out most of training camp? Drew Rosenhaus has not explained it to him? 

Where is Carr4MVP to give us the real scoop base on his vastly superior knowledge of the inner workings of the Raiders?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Guess we all should have known this wasn't over when it was announced he was going to play yesterday. 

But...  @Carr4MVP said it was over.  I thought he had some sort of inside scoop.  After all, he claims that he knows way more about the Raiders than anyone else.  

• Haha 3