[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Antonio Brown has frostbitten feet

Wolverines Fan

7 minutes ago, mitpdub said:

I may be taking him off my board now.., 

8/18

Mike Mayock just came over to us with a statement, that Antonio Brown is not in Raiders camp over frustration with his helmet issue. 

Mayock said the Raiders have been supportive but have exhausted options. They need to know, per Mayock, “if he’s all-in or all-out.”

It just doesn't end with this guy. I'm not sure he wants to play anymore. 

On 8/9/2019 at 7:25 PM, BillyBalata said:

Clearly his old helmet did a poor job of protecting his brain.

It is all about safety according AB and his agent Drew Rosenhaus.  Really wanting to wear an old outdated helmet that has failed safety tests done by the NFL?  Sounds more like "I want what I want because I want it, I'm familiar with it and you cannot make me change." Hilarious reading how he said Rodgers and Brady were not being scrutinized, and they Raiders quickly provided evidence to the contrary, which shut him up for a short time. 

16 hours ago, Shaft said:

I think all of this is a distraction for something else, this smells too fishy.

Well pot is legal and plentiful in Cali, maybe he's been smoking his brains out and finally burned off the last few viable cells. 

John Gruden is not the kind of coach to pull this manure with. 

14 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Well pot is legal and plentiful in Cali, maybe he's been smoking his brains out and finally burned off the last few viable cells. 

John Gruden is not the kind of coach to pull this manure with. 

Agreed. I really think it's all an intentional distraction.

6 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

I thought he found a helmet via Twitter? That's what they said on hard knocks ??

Now he has found a new model of his old helmet (per his agent) and wants to try two more challenges to get either of them approved,  while he seems to be missing the point that the team is fed up with him

5 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

Now he has found a new model of his old helmet (per his agent) and wants to try two more challenges to get either of them approved,  while he seems to be missing the point that the team is fed up with him

I don't see how those helmets will fair any better in the required tests. And what if those are damaged during the season, will he stop playing until he can find another one?  Just pick a current helmet that is readily available, understand the safety is already there, and get rid of this "my old helmet that I wore for 3 decades starting with playing pee-wee is the only one that can protect me."  He is sounding deranged.

36 minutes ago, Big John said:

He reported to the team today, but how long will that last?

Until his latest attempt to use an old style unsafe non-certified helmet is rebuffed. 

I cannot believe he actually took some old helmet and tried to have it pained in Raider's style thinking he could fool people. 

1 hour ago, millworkguy said:

while he seems to be missing the point that the team is fed up with him

Both he and his agent are missing the point that Mayok made which is quite the Bullmanure this is a distraction we don't need. 2 more challenges is going to continue the pot stirring.

27 minutes ago, LosGatosEnFuegos said:

I feel like the NFL fighting this hard is admitting the previous helmets they approve didn’t protect players. 

They definitely want the appearance of caring about the player's health.  But mostly I think they just want to be a thorn in Antonio's side because he is annoying.  Goodell doesn't have to kowtow to Antonio.  The NFL doesn't care about the drama this is creating for the Raiders.  The drama is actually good for NFL ratings.  Hard knocks has the best ratings in 10 years (Gruden probably has a lot to do with that, too).

8 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

They definitely want the appearance of caring about the player's health.  But mostly I think they just want to be a thorn in Antonio's side because he is annoying.  Goodell doesn't have to kowtow to Antonio.  The NFL doesn't care about the drama this is creating for the Raiders.  The drama is actually good for NFL ratings.  Hard knocks has the best ratings in 10 years (Gruden probably has a lot to do with that, too).

^ This^ I think we all need to remember in some form or fashion, all of this is entertainment.

20 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Send him the 5 day letter.  If he doesn't show up, put him on the left squad list.  We are now approaching our 3rd preseason game.  Every other player in the league has figured this out.  

I’m curious what the NFLPA thinks ? 

If he uses a non approved helmet does this hurt future CTE claims? 

As as an owner, have him release all future claims from head injuries relieving both the NFL, Steelers, and Raiders from future costs. To add to the circus have Burfict his new teammate attest.  

10 minutes ago, mitpdub said:

I’m curious what the NFLPA thinks ? 

If he uses a non approved helmet does this hurt future CTE claims? 

As as an owner, have him release all future claims from head injuries relieving both the NFL, Steelers, and Raiders from future costs. To add to the circus have Burfict his new teammate attest.  

I'm sure the nflpa has to stand behind safety concerns,  that's part of its mandate (to protect the players),  too many leagues (nhl etc) are being sued over head injuries, the nfl has to APPEAR to be involved in maintaining player safety.  I'm sure no one in head office cares about which player is asking for the exception,  the answer is just no.   There is no way I'd be allowed on a job site without my steel toe boots, hard hard, and the dozen safety certs courses I've had to take (and retake every year or 2)

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Quite honestly they should be able to wear whatever helmet they choose. Maybe he feels safer with his old helmet. Who are we to tell him how to protect himself?

WE  are not telling him anything, his employer has requirements he has to meet to work for them, no different than many others. Want to smoke pot, well don't get caught or you may lose your job. Want to be a tackling dummy for 300 pound guys, then you must wear the certified safety equipment. Want to work on a construction site, hard hat and steel toe boots etc. 

Who the hell is AB to decide he gets to do whatever the hell he wants?

But hey, let get rid of all rules, just let people do whatever they want. Problem solved...