[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Antonio Brown has frostbitten feet

Wolverines Fan

15 hours ago, TrevorThinksHeKnowsFantasy said:

“Technically” there has been no report I’ve seen that states the Raiders ownership is looking into the idea. I see your point. 

I heard a similar thing from somebody yesterday who was following the news via radio and tweets. They also could not provide a source. I suspect it is this portion of the tweet about "voiding $30M guaranteed money".  I also saw something somewhere about "basic contract language allowing them to go after guaranteed money for missing training camp and unexcused absences". Also saw that Mayock talked to reporters at practice, telling them "AB is not in the building, we'll give more info when we have it." Very terse, very much the "we've moved on" tone.  Saw the post saying Gruden made a similar statement. I agree its pretty likely he is gone. What did they use to acquire AB?  Appears it was 2 picks, 3rd and 5th rounds, that's peanuts. Cut your losses and move on. Maybe he helps somebody else, but let them bear that burdern. 

It is a pretty fluid situation. Hard to say what is reality and what is media speculation. Maybe we'll have something more clear before Sunday's games.

1 minute ago, stevegrab said:

They were right. But AB is sure to have another meltdown before long.

I would imagine that there had to be some type of agreement with GM, Agent, and AB about future infractions and meltdowns.

This was worse than any other problem child diva that I can remember from the past Top 14 NFL Troublemakers.  Hopefully there was language added to address future issues, otherwise I think OAK GM should have voided the contract.

1 hour ago, Gourdeau said:

Antonio Brown called Mike Mayock a "cracker" during Wednesday's altercation

Why do people of different races assume that bothers "crackers"?  If anything, it shows someone's true colors and only (in their minds) creates a bigger racial divide.  

7 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

Why do people of different races assume that bothers "crackers"?  If anything, it shows someone's true colors and only (in their minds) creates a bigger racial divide.  

When I was attending school in Los Angeles all the Mexican kids used to call us white "honkies". One time I chirped back "white and proud of, is that a problem".  I didn't call them names, so not sure why they were blasting me. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

How many of you think Gruden went into Mayock's office and laid into him?  

I mean, Antonio Brown is the best player on the Raiders 53-man squad

I'd expect Gruden has final say over Mayock, Davis didn't sign him away from MNF for $100M/10yr then add Mayock without some approval from Gruden and agreement on having a key role in the roster and dealing with players. So I was thinking he let Mayock make the decision. Who knows, maybe they're both spineless and caved or Davis forced it.

Either way it is a mess that is far from over. Certainly don't expect smooth sailing the next 4 months. 

2 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

If I'm Mayock I'm gone.

Mayocks job was to have an extra pair of eyes for talent evaluating thats it, he over stepped his duties with the fine letter. don't get it twisted but gruden runs the Freakin show, but you saps ate it up and now you have egg on your face. LOL ! ! !

Edited by Carr4MVP

3 minutes ago, Carr4MVP said:

Mayocks job was to have an extra pair of eyes for talent evaluating thats it, he over stepped his duties with the fine letter. don't get it twisted but gruden runs the Freakin show, but you saps ate it up and now you have egg on your face. LOL ! ! !

You, again, have your homer goggles on if you think this is over.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carr4MVP said:

Mayocks job was to have an extra pair of eyes for talent evaluating thats it, he over stepped his duties with the fine letter. don't get it twisted but gruden runs the (the really bad word)IN show, but you saps ate it up and now you have egg on your face. LOL ! ! !

Most people knew that Mayock did have ultimate control, and Gruden was really in charge. But we DO NOT KNOW what if any role Gruden had in this most recent stuff.

Either way, Gruden is going to lose control of the team if he lets AB skate by with everything. 

Nobody here has egg on their face, but keep thinking you have all the answers because you are a fan of the team. 

• Haha 1