[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty league. Move up from #4 to #2 overall?

jvonsak

I am in a 1ppr dynasty superflex league where we keep 9 guys and only draft 6 rounds.  I am keeping these guys:

QB- wentz

Rb-bell, David Johnson, d. Freeman, Aaron Jones

Wr- hill, evans, Mike William's

TE- oj Howard

I am thinking of trying to snag kyler Murray as my flex/qb2 at the 4. Do I stick with what I have and hope he falls to me there or the offer out there is Freeman, Jones and pick 4 for Mixon and pick 2.  Where I could maybe get lucky and have Jacob's fall to me.  Would Murray at 2 over guys like Montgomery/Sanders be dumb. 

Since I like Mixon, especially in a dynasty format, I would give up Freeman and Jones just for him, to get the added bonus of also moving up from #4 to #2 and I think this is a deal that I take before the other owner backs out, You are getting not only the better player in the deal, but also improving your draft position.

• Like 1

There should be plenty available. We can only roster 2 QBs. Currently guys like, rivers, Lamar Jackson, Winston, Brady, cousins would still be there.  The only reason I would want to move up to 2 is the possibility to get Jacob's. I could see going Montgomery over Murray at 2, but guessing he likely wont make it to me at 4. I may just stay put but didnt know if murray would be a stretch to take at 2 over Montgomery if Jacob's is for sure gone.  The guy at 1 is known to make dumb picks, so you never know.

51 minutes ago, Big Country said:

Since I like Mixon, especially in a dynasty format, I would give up Freeman and Jones just for him, to get the added bonus of also moving up from #4 to #2 and I think this is a deal that I take before the other owner backs out, You are getting not only the better player in the deal, but also improving your draft position.

That was my thought as well. 

If I were  on the opposite side of the trade, I wouldn't accept that offer.

18 hours ago, jvonsak said:

So if I get the 2nd pick, do I go after Murray still over Montgomery? Assuming Jacob's goes 1

That's a tougher call but assuming most QBs are kept (I know you can only carry 2 per roster, and assuming there are 12 teams there will always be options available on the waiver wire) then Murray is likely your top option to snag to fill that flex spot, and given that with this trade you are pretty stacked at RB, I think I slightly lean towards grabbing Murray over Montgomery without knowing if any better QBs would be available to you.