[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2 questions regarding TE strategy and Chubb....

turbotooslow

1) What is your guys' TE strategy this year? I loved having an elite TE last year for the first time (Kittle), but I'm having a hard time picking him or Kelce so early. I'm keeping Julio and DJ (10 team, .5 ppr, round drafted doesn't matter), so I'm starting off with two studs. This makes me think that it may be worthwhile taking a shot at Kittle in the early rounds...what would you guys do? Keep in mind all the studs will pretty much be gone...

2) With that being said, I know for a fact that Conner, AB, JuJu, Evans, Keenan, Fournette, Hilton, and Chubb will be available to start the draft. Not sure where I'm picking, but who would you guys target with my first pick (already having Julio and DJ on my team). I'm leaning towards Conner or Chubb...I'd like to have Chubb but I just don't know what to do as this is my first year doing keepers.

Thanks guys! Any and all information/opinions is welcome.

8 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Wait and grab Hunter Henry. He's gonna bust out. Kelce, Ertz & Kittle will cost you dearly.

Juju & Chubb for my money. Chubb has been going later than expected int early drafts and I have no idea why. He's a beast. 

Thanks! Let's say Henry is off the board - would you be happy getting Cook in the 8th or 9th?

I don't lose sleep over TEs. Everyone has their own philosophy. I take the wait and see approach in the draft and during the season. If an elite tight end is bargain then I take them in the draft, I'm not going to reach. Currently there are only 3 elite TEs in the league, which means only 3 teams will get them. I play in bigger leagues and that TE rarely makes a difference. Now if it's a 10 team league, I can see it making a difference. I like to watch the season progress and see who breaks out. 

44 minutes ago, Shaft said:

I don't lose sleep over TEs. Everyone has their own philosophy. I take the wait and see approach in the draft and during the season. If an elite tight end is bargain then I take them in the draft, I'm not going to reach. Currently there are only 3 elite TEs in the league, which means only 3 teams will get them. I play in bigger leagues and that TE rarely makes a difference. Now if it's a 10 team league, I can see it making a difference. I like to watch the season progress and see who breaks out. 

Agree. If I don't get a top 5 TE I'll typically stream them. 

28 minutes ago, Gatorjag24 said:

Wait wait wait...... there’s some sleeper tight ends that could be top 10... draft Darren Waller

Yes I agree I just picked him up in one league. Also if you are looking for a dart throw Matt Lacoste will start off as the Pats starting TE while Watson is suspended 

21 minutes ago, 8rattoon said:

In bigger leagues I think it's best to wait on TE. Grab Hooper, Andrews or Wallet in rounds 10+ and you'll be fine.

Wild card: what's Jason Witten going to do this year?

Is 10 team big? Not sure...man I'm lost on what to do. I'll probably wait, like I always do with TEs and QBs, unless the value is too good to pass up.

1 hour ago, turbotooslow said:

Is 10 team big? Not sure...man I'm lost on what to do. I'll probably wait, like I always do with TEs and QBs, unless the value is too good to pass up.

No, 10 team is small.

If you can get Kelce or Kittle at a discount, go for them. I'm not super high on Ertz this year; I think he will not see as many looks this year. Engram could do nicely but lotta qb questions linger. Howard is a huge talent but he's always hurt and Arians doesn't utilize TEs much. Ebron will regress.

Vance has a ton of upside; I've been targeting him a lot in my 10-team mocks. He could probably be had in the 8th or even 9th rd, depending on where you draft.

Good luck. It sounds like your value-based approach is best.