[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best pick for Draft position

WahWah

Hey all... could use some of your experienced input here. Do you prefer to pick in the first, middle, or back of the first round this year?

I have to pick my draft position today and I have the 4th choice. 

I could choose a top 4 pick and get a top 4 runningback. Or choose a pick like 8 or later in the draft and get a higher round 2 pick. I’ve done a few mock drafts, but it’s difficult to determine the best strategy and I know a bunch of people here are more experienced than I. What are some of your preferences?

In my main local (10 team PPR), the past 11 years, the winner of the league came from the 2nd half the draft.  It's never a guy (or gal) with an early pick.  The guy with the #1 overall pick this year happens to be the commissioner.  I have the 7th pick and actually prefer any of 7-10.  He told me over lunch that he's gonna take Barkley #1 overall, and if he's available, he has to take Maholmes at the turn and hope for a repeat performance of last season, otherwise he feels his season is over before it's started. 

I like the lower 1st round pick as you'll get a RB that falls, or a stud WR.  In the 2nd round you'll get another stud WR, Kelce, or an RB2. 

• Like 1

Desired draft position is largely dependent on your league rules, roster requirements, etc.

I prefer to get a top tier RB, a top tier TE (especially for FFPC TE scoring; 1.5 PPR at TE position) and hit a bunch of WRs in subsequent rounds.  So, I'd love to have a top 3 or 4 pick. 

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

I've done some 5th / 6th mocks and always get bell, Johnson or Zeke. If Zeke holdout gets resolved he'll be out of that mix.  

Yeah, I'm expecting one of those 3. And I probably would take all of them over the tier one WRs, even Nuk and Adams.