[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should i cut Saquon - hear me out lol

AJN15

Full PPR league everyone gets 4 offensive keepers at the round they were drafted at. Right now my keepers are Saquon in the first, Hopkins in the 10th, Conner in the 12th and Chubb in the 16th. 

Through some offseason trades I moved up to the 4th overall pick and acquired a second first round pick (the 10th pick) which cost me my second. As of now, this allows me to keep Saquon as the last pick in the first round and has allowed me a spot to draft at the fourth overall spot. I just got a trade offer in which my 10th pick would become the second overall pick which means I'd be drafting at 2 and 4. If I accept this, I would cut Saquon and redraft at 2 and 4 because letting Saquon back in allows me another keeper spot. My new keeper would be Thielen in the 7th which is insane value. I know for a fact that Freeman, Fournette, Cook, AB, Julio and Gurley are all going back in so I would be able to put together two of those players + Thielen in the 7th.

tldr; Should I pull the trigger and move from 10th to 2nd (giving me the 2nd and 4th overall picks) and put Saquon back in to allow me keep Thielen in the seventh round?

4 minutes ago, turbotooslow said:

I think I know what you're saying and I think you should do it. Basically you get the 2nd pick but you have to release Saquon, allowing you to keep Thielen in the 7th?

Yeah thats right!

For example, if i keep Saquon I'm looking at having him, AB or Julio, plus whoever I draft in the 7th. Or if I put Saquon back in I have Thielen as my WR3 in the 7th behind either AB or Julio and then I can pick between Cook, Gurley, Fournette or Freeman for a RB in the first round as well...but no Saquon haha.

Tough call.  None of the players you'll be able to pick at #2 have Saquon's value.  Julio is the best of them but you'll already have Thielen and Nuke. 

I think I'd rather have Barkley along with the 4th and 10th pick.  At 4 you'll still get one of the guys you listed and at 10, you may get another depending on who else gets throw back into the mix.

• Like 1

I ended up keeping Saquon as the 10th pick. The drop off between him and the next highest RB was just too much for me to feel comfortable with even if I would have been able to keep Thielen for good value. 

Thanks guys.