[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andrew Luck thread

Shaft

In combo with what looks to be some reduced arm strength I am going to agree.  He still was accurate but his arm seemed 10% or 15% weaker last year.  Now maybe that gets better with some time but if he is compensating by pushing off more, a potential achilles issue is not going to help.  I certainly am not drafting him.  Makes Mahomes even more valuable because the gulf b/w him and the next guy may be substantial. 

Edited by purplemonster

Per Rotoworld:

Coach Frank Reich said he wants to make a call on the team's starting quarterback for Week 1 following the third preseason game.

NFL Media's Mike Garafolo adds "unless Luck makes some miraculous recovery, we could be looking at Jacoby Brissett in Week 1." Apparently the injury is not just a calf issue or an ankle issue; it is an "accumulation over time." This seems to be the first real timetable on the Colts' decision for the start of the season, so the week of the team's third preseason game will be crucial. If Luck does not start practicing at some point next week, signs point to him missing the opener against the Chargers.

RELATED: 
Aug 14, 2019, 7:28 PM ET

:kicksrock:

Just now, Wolverines Fan said:

Per Rotoworld:

Coach Frank Reich said he wants to make a call on the team's starting quarterback for Week 1 following the third preseason game.

NFL Media's Mike Garafolo adds "unless Luck makes some miraculous recovery, we could be looking at Jacoby Brissett in Week 1." Apparently the injury is not just a calf issue or an ankle issue; it is an "accumulation over time." This seems to be the first real timetable on the Colts' decision for the start of the season, so the week of the team's third preseason game will be crucial. If Luck does not start practicing at some point next week, signs point to him missing the opener against the Chargers.

RELATED: 
Aug 14, 2019, 7:28 PM ET

:kicksrock:

Oh man....this drops everyone's ranking on that offense.

Here we go again. There are so many good players around where Indy skill players are being drafted that I just don't want the headache of having to be glued to Luck injury news - kinda sucks the fun out of fantasy.

Unless something dramatic changes I'll go with other similarly priced options and pass on the offense. Sure that's an opportunity for others but being on holdout watch or injury watch is anxiety i don't need. Sucks cuz I really liked some of these guys this year.

ETA: And if I was a Colts season ticket holder I'd be mighty peeved at ownership right now. This is not the first or even second time this has happened with a Colts QB. Hope Indy fans get what they deserve and Luck plays 16 games this year.

Edited by stethant

I am in a TD only league which is VERY QB heavy.  Mahomes will go first,  I have 2nd choice and was gonna take Luck #2.  Saw bits of his workout, on the Clev - Indy broadcast and he looked REALLY good.  I am not even sure what the issue is.  If named the week 1 starter, I will take him, if not, will drop to 7/12 and hope for Kamara or Barkley.

The injury risk is too great for Luck being taken in 1st round.

Agree with consensus that Mack and Hilton will drop a little bit.

The bright side is that the O-line is supposed to be better.

Brissett looked pretty good in the Browns pre-season game. But I don't think much of the Browns starting defense played. He made some good plays with his feet including eluding some tackles and also made some good passes. Ebron and Doyle both looked good.