[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nick Chubb thread

Shaft

Another negative is that he has no history of being heavily utilized in the passing game.  Saw him go 1.5 in a recent ppr draft, which I think is crazy.  He would need like 1500 yards from scrimmage, 12 TDs and 25 catches to make top 5.  In PPR, I would consider him after the top tier guys plus Bell, Gordon (if he reports), and Mixon.

Edited by Bobby Brown

4 hours ago, Shaft said:

Over DJ? Bell?

I play in a non PPR league so I would take him over Bell personally.  DJ is a judgment call.  DJ is rated higher but I still like Chubb honestly but that's a personal choice.  I do think that regardless of format he will go late first round or early second in most drafts. If you are playing full PPR then it gets tougher.  

Edited by purplemonster

I like Chubb but I don't know if I would completely disregard the possible impact K. Hunt could have on his numbers late in the season. I mean if ANY of my starting RB's had a player like K. Hunt as their backup I'd be concerned how it could impact his performance. For me, personally, that is enough to drop him into the front end of the 2nd round. I don't think it's unreasonable to take him at the later half of the first but if I were drafting today I'd put him in the second. However, the longer we go into August with M. Gordon and Zeke sitting out the more I'd be pushing him into the first.

Just for fun I looked up a few resources which are pretty discordant. 

Fantasypros 15 std and 19 ppr.  FFC at #10,  CBS at 19 and some other site at 11.  So seems to be a lot of disagreement.  And the ones he's ranked lower have Gurley in the first round which seems crazy to me. 

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/adp/overall.php

https://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/draft/averages/

https://fantasydata.com/nfl/fantasy-football-adp-rankings

Edited by purplemonster

5 hours ago, seadogs said:

I like Chubb but I don't know if I would completely disregard the possible impact K. Hunt could have on his numbers late in the season. I mean if ANY of my starting RB's had a player like K. Hunt as their backup I'd be concerned how it could impact his performance. For me, personally, that is enough to drop him into the front end of the 2nd round. I don't think it's unreasonable to take him at the later half of the first but if I were drafting today I'd put him in the second. However, the longer we go into August with M. Gordon and Zeke sitting out the more I'd be pushing him into the first.

This.

Yeah great you run roughshod for 8-10 weeks but for your fantasy playoffs now you've gotta deal with Hunt. OK draft him too but then he clogs a roster spot for 8 weeks and when he's active who knows how that plays out. 

1 hour ago, stethant said:

This.

Yeah great you run roughshod for 8-10 weeks but for your fantasy playoffs now you've gotta deal with Hunt. OK draft him too but then he clogs a roster spot for 8 weeks and when he's active who knows how that plays out. 

More importantly. Hunt comes in week 8 and it’s RBBC which cuts chubbs production in half. Your first round draft pick is now sitting on your bench in many 10-12 team leagues at the half way mark of the season. I don’t like it.

Edited by TrevorThinksHeKnowsFantasy

5 hours ago, TrevorThinksHeKnowsFantasy said:

More importantly. Hunt comes in week 8 and it’s RBBC which cuts chubbs production in half. Your first round draft pick is now sitting on your bench in many 10-12 team leagues at the half way mark of the season. I don’t like it.

If Chubb is tearing it up why would anything change when Hunt comes back? They have no tie or loyalty to Hunt. He's on a cheap 1 year deal. He's gone regardless in the off-season.

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

If Chubb is tearing it up why would anything change when Hunt comes back? They have no tie or loyalty to Hunt. He's on a cheap 1 year deal. He's gone regardless in the off-season.

Makes you wonder why the Browns don't trade Hunt for something. Send him to an NFC team if you want like Tampa.

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Oh cmon. A guy like Hunt is gonna get reps. If you have 2 pro bowl guys in your backfield it is to your advantage to utilize them. We just don’t know how much and in what ways. Way too much drama for me. 

Edited by TrevorThinksHeKnowsFantasy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TrevorThinksHeKnowsFantasy said:

Oh cmon. A guy like Hunt is gonna get reps. If you have 2 pro bowl guys in your backfield it is to your advantage to utilize them. We just don’t know how much and in what ways. Way too much drama for me. 

Why would they take the ball out of Chubbs hands if he's having success? Of course Hunt would be the change of pace back, just like Duke was, someone has to.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Shaft said:

You know something, have we considered who is actually the better RB? Almost every RB has excelled in Andy Reid's offense. What if Chubb is actually the better RB?

I agree, not saying he is better but would Hunt have been as talented on a lesser dynamic offense?  That KC offense was crazy last year, strength at every spot, tough on the Def.  It will be interesting to see how Cleveland's offense progresses this year, they got some names on paper but can they gel on the field, making everyone a little better?

The thing is, the fact we are even having this discussion should tell you there is a risk.  For me I will not take a player with any risk in the first round when there is some many talented players available that have no risk.    Besides this is a fact, when Hunt does come available to play he should be 100% healthy and there is no way way Chubb will be.  just my opinion. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dougsul said:

The thing is, the fact we are even having this discussion should tell you there is a risk.  For me I will not take a player with any risk in the first round when there is some many talented players available that have no risk.    Besides this is a fact, when Hunt does come available to play he should be 100% healthy and there is no way way Chubb will be.  just my opinion.

OP was asking where Chubb is being drafted.  We draft with a different degree of risk/reward for each pick, and the draft as a whole.  Hunt's return is the risk.  Bolded is not indeed fact, but your opinion.... all speculative.

Hunt will be in a new offense with a different set of players, coaches, and systems. We do not know if he will avoid injury or another boneheaded off-field offense.  We do not know how Cle will use him yet.

On 2019-08-14 at 10:04 PM, Shaft said:

Over DJ? Bell?

Is Bell really still considered top tier? Dude hasn't playet a down of ball since January 2018 and is behind one of the worst offensive lines in the league with no other offesive weapons not to mention and one of the worst defenses ( 25th, albeit last year). People are nuts to grab him in the first round.

1 hour ago, Gourdeau said:

Is Bell really still considered top tier? Dude hasn't playet a down of ball since January 2018 and is behind one of the worst offensive lines in the league with no other offesive weapons not to mention and one of the worst defenses ( 25th, albeit last year). People are nuts to grab him in the first round.

After the first big 4, yes many still consider him top tier. And the Jets made two big acquisitions on the offensive line to boost it. It's not like DJ's line is anything special.

3 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

A lot of people think Sam Darnold will break out.  I would argue thatcEvan Engram is a weapon.  Having a bad defense should benefit Bell in PPR.  If they are behind his value increases as a pass catcher.  Also, taking a year off being a negative is pure speculation.  That could be a benefit.  

I agree there is risk and he's not a target of mine.  But he's consistently being drafted as RB6 in the first round of high stakes FFPC leagues.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, dougsul said:

I have factored this in and I am not too concerned about Hunt. I have Chubb over Bell..right after DJ 

3 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

A lot of people think Sam Darnold will break out.  I would argue thatcEvan Engram is a weapon.  Having a bad defense should benefit Bell in PPR.  If they are behind his value increases as a pass catcher.  Also, taking a year off being a negative is pure speculation.  That could be a benefit.  

I agree there is risk and he's not a target of mine.  But he's consistently being drafted as RB6 in the first round of high stakes FFPC leagues.

Did you mean Chris Herndon?  He's the TE, Engram is still with the Giants.  Herndon is suspended for the first 4 games, but I agree he could be better than expected.  Or maybe you meant Robby Anderson, he and Darnold were connecting at the end of last year.  I think Bell's value mainly stems from the fact he has almost no competition if he is decent and he catches balls.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Did you mean Chris Herndon?  He's the TE, Engram is still with the Giants.  Herndon is suspended for the first 4 games, but I agree he could be better than expected.  Or maybe you meant Robby Anderson, he and Darnold were connecting at the end of last year.  I think Bell's value mainly stems from the fact he has almost no competition if he is decent and he catches balls.

Confusing NY TEs.  Doh.

But yea, some RBs have flourished in a role where there aren't a lot of other weapons. As long as the Jets aren't horrendous, the limited weapon scenario could be another benefit for Bell.

Edited by Bobby Brown