[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper question.. McAffrey vs Lindsay

DSho

I know it sounds ridiculous:  mccaffrey vs lindsay but the situation is I would forfeit my 1st round selection and spend $20  to keep Mcaffrey (12th pick) or keep Lindsay with the 16th round pick.  I always figured keeping Lindsay, what do you all think?

What's your total budget for the year? I'm almost certain I'd still keep CmC. In redraft leagues he would never last until the 12th pick and in auction leagues he'd go for more than $20. If you let him go, does that mean someone else gets him for free? I only ask because you say 12th pick, in an auction league, draft order doesn't really matter?

It's 20 real dollars, for draft position from the previous season (he was my 2nd rounder last year so I would have to pay to keep him).  its a standard 12 team .5 ppr. (keep one with a move up 2 rounds from the previous year). I won the league the past two years.  I won't be able to keep him after this year though.  

23 hours ago, Big Country said:

How much is the league buy-in/payouts?

Knowing what percentage of the possibly payout the $20 represents would have an affect on the decision making process.

It's not big money,  $50 with the 20 going back to the champion. 360 for first,  so it did be 380.

3 minutes ago, DSho said:

It's not big money,  $50 with the 20 going back to the champion. 360 for first,  so it did be 380.

That's tough - is McCaffrey worth a 40% increase in your buy in to try get 5 times your buy in back.

Is McCaffrey plus what is likely your kicker (16th round pick) plus spending an extra $20 cash worth more than Lindsay and who you'd be able to draft at #12?

I'd find it difficult to believe that the McCaffrey side is stronger, much less at the cost of an additional 40% of my buy in.

That's a tough one. This is a good example of why simple leagues are the best leagues - this presents too many variables to truly pick a side. With that said, Lyndsay is a better bet to bust than he is to boom again. I mean, seriously, who has been talking up Lyndsay since last year? Literally nobody. That's not to say he will bust, but to me, CMC is has the talent and volume to be RB #1, which he almost was last year. Make it easy on yourself and keep CMC - save yourself the headache!