[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which player to draft at #4 pick

k_23

12 team ppr. Who would you pick at 4. A lot of key players kept as keepers. 

1. Barkley (keeper)

2. Hopkins( says he is drafting 100%)

3. Bell (says he is taken wants rb 90%)

4. My pick ?

My keeper was RB Nick Chubb for 10th round. Who would you select and why? I am leaning towards Julio Jones , but having 2 top rbs is key as well. That would be picking Conner or Gurley? 

League starts qb, 2 wrs 2 rbs, 2 Flex 1 te 1 def 1 kicker

best top available positions:

wrs: Julio Jones, Tyreek Hill, Odell Beckham, JuJu Smith, Antonio Brown 

rbs: James Conner, Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon, Joe mixon, Dalvin Cook....

thanks in advance will help in return.

Yes Zeke was a 10th pick in 1st round Keeper..not available at 4

no big 5 rbs all were kept...Barkley CMC, Alvin Kamara, David Johnson, Zeke... Davante Adams and Mike Thomas as WRs were also keepers and a Te Travis Kelce, so basically best of rest. 

Thanks for replies.

10 minutes ago, k_23 said:

Yes Zeke was a 10th pick in 1st round Keeper..not available at 4

no big 5 rbs all were kept...Barkley CMC, Alvin Kamara, David Johnson, Zeke... Davante Adams and Mike Thomas as WRs were also keepers and a Te Travis Kelce, so basically best of rest. 

Thanks for replies.

Sorry, I'd say Conner. Although I don't love him this year. 

1 hour ago, k_23 said:

All agree to take James Conner over Julio Jones in first round? And pick wr in later rounds? 

35 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

It's harder to get a RB. You can still get a very productive receiver in other rounds. It won't be Julio but good nonetheless. 

I would pickup Ridley later. 

I'd go with Julio, for sure. You'd have a solid RB1 and WR1. It's not just about that first pick, it's also about the following picks. If you take an RB, by the time you get to your second pick and take your WR1, you're going to be picking some lower end tier 2 guys. Do some mock drafts and see who's going to be available (granted in my keeper league we keep 2 so it's a little different). I've found there's way more viable RB2 options at that point of draft (like Jones, Fournette, Carson, Montgomery, Freeman) than WR1 options like Hilton or Godwin. 

• Like 1

Tough call, Julio wouldn't be a bad pick for sure, but kind of depends on your homework done with WR's, do you have a few sleepers (that not all the FF sites have already mentioned?). Have you been in this league long and know draft tendencies of other owners?

Connor is the safe pick, I agree with others, and Gurley is the next best were he to return to previous form (for a whole season), but the guy on that list I'm feeling something for is Mixon. Entering his 3rd year of a 4 yr deal and being a FA after 4 means a great year = new contract imo. Granted, with idiot Mike Brown as owner who will gladly expect contract adherence from the players while giving himself a pass to waive people at will, is a fly in the ointment for a new deal, I think Mixon exceeds last years numbers easily.

Just my .02