[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why you should seek advice in this forum but not base your decisions on it

turbotooslow

I'd like to point out that, over the years, I've come to this forum (and others) to gather opinions on certain players, situations, matchups, etc.

At the beginnning, I did this to try and make sense of a tough decision: "Do I start Damien Williams over David Johnson this week?" or "Should I start Mariota playing the Colts over Mahomes playing the Ravens?"

At the end of the day, or rather, at 12:55 EST, it doesn't matter. I'm going to make my decision with my gut. But where does that "gut decision" come from? It comes from realizing a players floor, ceiling, history, and matchup. Take what we tell you and research it; use it as a tool to better yourself as a researcher and a smart fantasy team owner. Don't let 'ChiefsKingdom1979' convince you to take Mahomes in the 4th....don't let 'HawksForever' convince you that Russel Wilson will always be as efficient as he was in 2018.

Instead, take the information that we give you and run with it; research and vet the information. Ask questions, google the manure out of it, and only take what we say as a starting point to make that tough decision.

Hope this helps and happy football season to each and every one of you!

Edited by turbotooslow

12 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I take a lot of what is talked about here into my draft process. There's a lot of brilliant fantasy minds in here that often provide great advice. 

Agreed. You have to make your own decision but plenty of times, someone else sees or knows something you don't. Every little nugget of info comes in handy. For instance, finding out the Falcons play 13 of their games in domes might be enough to convince someone to draft Julio over Thomas or OBJ. Or to take Matt Ryan as a steal in later rounds. 

9 hours ago, Rbrown said:

Agreed. You have to make your own decision but plenty of times, someone else sees or knows something you don't. Every little nugget of info comes in handy. For instance, finding out the Falcons play 13 of their games in domes might be enough to convince someone to draft Julio over Thomas or OBJ. Or to take Matt Ryan as a steal in later rounds. 

Exactly. And I like that everyone is keyed into different teams and can provide specific information regarding those teams/situations.