[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MB League #3 8-man

DMD

6 hours ago, XFlash said:

Cowboyz1 set his 9.02, but not his 8.07.

I thought I saw both spots set.  Maybe he did not save it?

That usually means all their preselects were already taken.

Don't recall if there is a add/drop before the season starts? Can we adjust our rosters to account for season ending injuries before the season starts? I know there are no add drops during the season by why not be able to go into the season with healthy players right?

24 minutes ago, Cowboyz1 said:

Don't recall if there is a add/drop before the season starts? Can we adjust our rosters to account for season ending injuries before the season starts? I know there are no add drops during the season by why not be able to go into the season with healthy players right?

Because that wouldn't make it a best ball league any longer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shorttynaz said:

Because that wouldn't make it a best ball league any longer

It would if you could only add drop before the season started. Does it make sense to go into the season with injured players. I can see after the kickoff of the regular season with no adds or drops but why start the season with injured players for the year. Or why draft before preseason is over for that matter. I get the best ball rules but they should only apply to the regular season right? I mean seriously, nobody would draft an injured player that's out for the season. Just saying.

Edited by Cowboyz1

15 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

This is why..   #JustSayin

This why.png

Dude we drafted in 4 days and if I am correct we have a full week before the regular season and the last game of the preseason. 7 days would be plenty of time and you just proved it. 

3 minutes ago, Cowboyz1 said:

Dude we drafted in 4 days and if I am correct we have a full week before the regular season and the last game of the preseason. 7 days would be plenty of time and you just proved it. 

League 1 drafted pretty quick this season.  League 3 only has 8 managers.  League 2 is still drafting.  In past Seasons this has taken 10 to 14 days

Just now, Shorttynaz said:

League 1 drafted pretty quick this season.  League 3 only has 8 managers.  League 2 is still drafting.  In past Seasons this has taken 10 to 14 days

Ok then we could draft just after the 3rd preseason game when the starters have no chance of getting hurt because they don't play in the 4th game. That sounds like the best option.

I don't really care all that much I just saw Miller go down and wondered why we take that kind of a chance in a best ball when we don't have to that's all. Or at least be able to fill in our rosters before the season starts so we don't go into the season short players who are on IR to start the season.

Edited by Cowboyz1

I have this discussion every year in my Keeper.

Injuries happen every year.  Starters usually only play a series, maybe two.

The issue with drafting late is the length of the draft.  People have Labor day plays etc... and complain about it taking too long.

Can't have it both ways.  I'd take the lower chances of injury over owners rushing or partially participating (auto pick) in the draft.

17 minutes ago, XFlash said:

I have this discussion every year in my Keeper.

Injuries happen every year.  Starters usually only play a series, maybe two.

The issue with drafting late is the length of the draft.  People have Labor day plays etc... and complain about it taking too long.

Can't have it both ways.  I'd take the lower chances of injury over owners rushing or partially participating (auto pick) in the draft.

Don't get me wrong I love the slow draft as it allows for life and fantasy too. I don't care how long it takes really. I just would like to have it after the 3rd preseason game where there is 2 weeks to get it done and very little change of injury. Just makes more sense to me that's all. Anyway, on to the games. I love this time of year. REally I do........

1 hour ago, Cowboyz1 said:

Don't get me wrong I love the slow draft as it allows for life and fantasy too. I don't care how long it takes really. I just would like to have it after the 3rd preseason game where there is 2 weeks to get it done and very little change of injury. Just makes more sense to me that's all. Anyway, on to the games. I love this time of year. REally I do........

I hope you know I was just busting your balls too.  

12 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

I hope you know I was just busting your balls too.  

Yep, all good naz.;) Just some preseason hashing things out.......I am excited for this year. Cowboys revamped WR corp and this defense is looking nice. Watch this front 7 on defense this year. Sorry about Luck but he did the right thing. He's just tired of rehab and mentally doesn't want it anymore. I can respect that. Too bad he didn't realize it sooner though. Hope you guys trade for a guy though as I own TY in a couple of leagues and was counting on Luck. LOL

Edited by Cowboyz1

• DMD unpinned this topic