[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MB League #1 12 teams

DMD

I think I was the last to get a QB but the first to get three QBs. In best ball leagues I like to have three starting QBs. There are not enough to go around for everyone to have three of those. There hasn’t been any problems getting three in the MFL10 leagues that I’ve been in so far. The guys here have been  much more unpredictable.

17 hours ago, MikesVikes said:

I think I was the last to get a QB but the first to get three QBs. In best ball leagues I like to have three starting QBs. There are not enough to go around for everyone to have three of those. There hasn’t been any problems getting three in the MFL10 leagues that I’ve been in so far. The guys here have been  much more unpredictable.

I went early and just grabbed Mahomes.. hoping QB won't be much of an issue for me

3 minutes ago, Piranha said:

I went early and just grabbed Mahomes.. hoping QB won't be much of an issue for me

In a best ball league, you can't completely ignore QBs or RBs, outside of the top 3 or 4 RBs who are PPR whores.  I mean you have to have a few in the event of injuries, but it's the WRs and TEs that will get you the most points on a consistent basis.  In years past I drafted a team like I would draft one I would manage all season long, and would at best come in middle of the pack.  Last year, @LordOpie reminded us that it's the receptions that win a best ball league, and to load up on WRs and TEs.  Low and behold, I took his advice and took the trophy! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Piranha said:

You in a hurry? We have 2 weeks to complete 4 more rounds.

:D   When I saw that it kind of struck me that maybe I was looking at my phone for someone to make a pick for a two day period now.

But actually the average pick is under 3 hours. It isn't uncommon for a guy or two to have a three hour average.

3 minutes ago, MikesVikes said:

:D   When I saw that it kind of struck me that maybe I was looking at my phone for someone to make a pick for a two day period now.

But actually the average pick is under 3 hours. It isn't uncommon for a guy or two to have a three hour average.

;)  This is by far the quickest draft I've ever been in. I'm guessing we'll wrap this up in a day or 2

I have a question on how people draft. Do you still use a cheatsheet on paper? I was thinking maybe some of the younger crowd likes to just use a phone, maybe a draft  app of some kind. I can't imagine going to a live draft without a cheatsheet printout in front of me. But I am trying out an app from another site. Draft Dominator. You punch in the picks instead of crossing names off a list (or in addition to). I commish both of my locals so I don't think it would work that great for me. The Draft Dominator says that I don't have the best draft of all of you guys. After you have a full lineup you can look at the rosters and get an average weekly score prediction.

But I am trying this out on a BestBall10 league right now with zero papers in front of me at all. I'm going to just draft what they think and see what happens. On a side note, other sites are great at slicing and dicing and calculating how players will perform but I think DMD is the gold standard in fantasy football and that will never change based on an app.

Here is what they think of us. We all have a full starting roster including a flex by now.

Owner Avg Wk
Shortty 130.47
Piranha 127.21
Billy 127.1
Big Damn 125.72
MikesVIkes 124.54
Shaft 124.29
Def 123.96
Redds 121.86
BearWith 121.83
Pancake 121.61
Taz 118
Rilett 114.64
Avg. 123.44

7 minutes ago, MikesVikes said:

Here is what they think of us. We all have a full starting roster including a flex by now.

Owner Avg Wk
Shortty 130.47
Piranha 127.21
Billy 127.1
Big Damn 125.72
MikesVIkes 124.54
Shaft 124.29
Def 123.96
Redds 121.86
BearWith 121.83
Pancake 121.61
Taz 118
Rilett 114.64
Avg. 123.44

Shortty has this chess game figured out!

24 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

And just like that, we're done. 

I can't figure out how to get the draft recap / grades thing like we did last year.  It means absolutely nothing, but still fun to read. 

It's available on the Draft Report page. At the top you can toggle between list, grid, and draft recap.

2 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

And just like that, we're done. 

I can't figure out how to get the draft recap / grades thing like we did last year.  It means absolutely nothing, but still fun to read. 

Coach David had an impressive showing in the recent 2019 Huddle Message Board League draft. Their Shorttynaz franchise came away feeling exuberant about their top grade in the league based on analysis by MyFantasyLeague.com.

Shorttynaz has the honor of making the best pick of the entire draft, selecting Stefon Diggs in round 4 with the 45th pick of the draft, 18 spots after the 27th spot he should have been selected in, according to ADP rankings. "The team is really high on him," Shorttynaz coach David said.

Shorttynaz made their worst pick of the draft in round 9, selecting Adrian Peterson with the 100th pick of the draft, as compared to the 128th spot he should have been selected in, according to ADP rankings. "His attitude is a question mark," Shorttynaz coach David said.

Shorttynaz nabbed Travis Kelce in the 2nd round, which reflects the fact that he was the number one ranked tight end for the 2018 season, based on this league's custom scoring rules.

Shorttynaz nabbed the Chicago Bears Defensive Team in the 12th round, which reflects the fact that he was the number one ranked defensive team for the 2018 season, based on this league's custom scoring rules.

Time will tell if coach David can take their top-ranked draft all the way to the league championship.

Here is the final Average Weekly score prediction.

Owner Avg
1 Def 130.85
2 Shortty 130.07
3 BillyB 127.09
4 Piranha 126.62
5 Big Damn  125.89
6 Bear 124.86
7 MV 124.53
8 Shaft 123.97
9 Redds 121.86
10 Pancake 121.58
11 Rilett 118.36