[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

#12 in a 12 team PPR Snake Draft

8 minutes ago, Forgot My Name said:

Thanks.

I never understand the 'wait on a QB' approach though.

They score triple whatever the top RB or WR do.

It's not about a QB scoring triple the to RB or WR, although that isn't even close to being true. It's because the QB position has similar value no matter where you draft them.

QB2 last year was Matt Ryan who averaged 22.1 pts/game. QB12 was Cam Newton who averaged 20.2 pts/game. So ten full position ranks apart and it's a whole 2 pts/game difference.

RB2 last year was Saquon Barkley with 18.4 pts/game. RB12 was Philip Lindsey at 12.5 pts/game. Ten rankings apart and you're looking at 6 pts/game.

Would you rather Ryan + Lindsey for 34.6  pts/game or Newton + Saquon with 38.6 pts/game. 

Add in other factors like getting a QB in round 7+ allows much more quality starters and bench whereas QB early inhibits that.   Just my opinion, I find better value with QB later since the per game scoring is nearly identical.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Forgot My Name said:

Thanks.

I never understand the 'wait on a QB' approach though.

They score triple whatever the top RB or WR do.

Are you sure about QBs scoring 3x the top RBs or WRs? If this is actually true, then your league scoring is incredibly QB-heavy, and it may be worth grabbing a QB early. In most scoring systems, a few VERY high scores (low-to-mid 40s) are achieved by QBs, followed by a glut of big games by QBs, RBs and WRs.

There are so many QBs that can blow the roof off in any given week. The game has changed so much that even bad QBs can easily put up 400 yds and 3 tds in a shootout, and unlike QBs or WRs, there is nobody to share the points with. There is less predictability, less separation between the tiers, and you typically don't have to start as many QBs as the other skill positions.

I'd do any combination of RB/WR with your first two picks. I love the end of a 12-team draft this year.

Edited by 8rattoon