[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Dreaded 5 Spot

cloose

Draft is tonight and I am 5th in a 10 team....half point PPR.  Most mocks have Zeek there for me or Hopkins.  I just did a Mock taking him and loading up on RB's to cover him inlcuding Pollard.  Thoughts on my draft?  BTW I took Houston's D and Jason Myers kicking.

QB C. WentzPhi - QB 10
WR J. JonesAtl - WR 9
WR K. GolladayDet - WR 5
RB E. ElliottDal - RB 8
RB M. MackInd - RB 6
TE D. WalkerTen - TE 11
W/R/T D. HenryTen - RB 11
K    
DEF    
BN J. JacobsOak - RB 6
BN M. WilliamsLAC - WR 12
BN A. GreenCin - WR 9
BN D. GuiceWas - RB 10
BN T. PollardDal - RB 8
BN E. SandersDen - WR 10

Well we drafted and here are the results....

QB's - Wentz/L. JaX

WR's - OBJ, Steph Diggs, Mike Williams, AJ Green and Manny Sanders

RB's - Zeek/Pollard,  Damien Williams and D. Guice

Flex - Josh Jacobs

TE - D. Walker

D - NE 

K - Gostkowski

10 team league, .5 PPR.

Thoughts!?

Edited by cloose

If you get Zeke go Zero Rb strategy  until 6th round , dont over reach for Rbs and lose value in WR to cover up for zeke , do the exact opposite  instead, knowing you have Zeke with that potential you are set at the position  If he plays and if he doesn't you have nice WR core to take care of that, becuae if you reach for Rbs you will have mediocre Rb and mediocre Wr, get Zeke that takes care of the Rb spot until the 6th round , you coul end up with Rbs like Sony Michel,  chris Carson, James white, tarik Cohen, tevin Coleman,  as a Rb2 and as a RB3 ekeler ,justin Jackson, Matt brieda, LamarMiller,Duke Johnson,  Rashad penny,  Ballage

Edited by Trueblu3

7 minutes ago, Trueblu3 said:

If you get Zeke go Zero Rb strategy  until 6th round , dont over reach for Rbs and lose value in WR to cover up for zeke , do the exact opposite  instead, knowing you have Zeke with that potential you are set at the position  If he plays and if he doesn't you have nice WR core to take care of that, becuae if you reach for Rbs you will have mediocre Rb and mediocre Wr, get Zeke that takes care of the Rb spot until the 6th round , you coul end up with Rbs like Sony Michel,  chris Carson, James white, tarik Cohen, tevin Coleman,  as a Rb2 and as a RB3 ekeler ,justin Jackson, Matt brieda, LamarMiller,Duke Johnson,  Rashad penny,  Ballage

I dont think RB0 until the 6th is a good idea..draft 5 WRs 2-6 rounds? What RB2 are you taking in the 7th?

7 hours ago, turbotooslow said:

I dont think RB0 until the 6th is a good idea..draft 5 WRs 2-6 rounds? What RB2 are you taking in the 7th?

Trueblu3 seems to really like the zero RB strategy. Every post that I read from him is talking about zero RB until the 6th round. I don’t agree with this strategy at all. To each their own though.  

4 minutes ago, Kbum1003 said:

Trueblu3 seems to really like the zero RB strategy. Every post that I read from him is talking about zero RB until the 6th round. I don’t agree with this strategy at all. To each their own though.  

It only works based on who your first pick is and how your leavie drafts why get stuck with mediocre wr and reach for the Rbs because you try to make up for zekes absence. 

19 hours ago, cloose said:

Well we drafted and here are the results....

QB's - Wentz/L. JaX

WR's - OBJ, Steph Diggs, Mike Williams, AJ Green and Manny Sanders

RB's - Zeek/Pollard,  Damien Williams and D. Guice

Flex - Josh Jacobs

TE - D. Walker

D - NE 

K - Gostkowski

10 team league, .5 PPR.

Thoughts!?

I like that team.  If you draft Zeke it's an absolute must that  you draft Pollard as well

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, turbotooslow said:

Rbs are same as te if you dont get one of the top 6 why reach when theres value , you just have to  know who to look for if you dont know how to pull it off dont do it,  takes alot research 

Sony and Chris are not making it to the 6th round any longer.  In addition, those two backs are one level above T. Cohen, James White and Tevin Coleman....for obvious reasons.  Especially Carson who is by all accounts the bell cow on the team that runs the most in the NFL.  Sony....yeah I know NE and their use of backs is sometimes a nightmare but they haven't had a runner like Sony in years...BB will be using him a ton and as long as he stays injury free (big if) he will put up monster numbers IMO.