[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keep Gurley, Ek or Boyd?

8rattoon

14-team league, .5 PPR.

Start QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex, DST, K.

Picking 10th overall. Already keeping Kamara at 10-5.

Which do I keep?

Gurley at 1-10

Ekeler at 11-10

Boyd at 15-10

Keepers are announced at the start of the draft so it's a little unpredictable but I'm guessing Gurley will go in the 1-4 to 1-12 range. 

I would say Gurley.

Only because in a keeper league most, if not all, the top RBs will be kept by the other 13 teams.  Gurley is most likely going to be the best available.

Ekeler and Boyd should be there for you later in the draft.

Not sure I agree on Gurley. He has a knee issue, yes? May not be an issue, but could become one. In first rd you need to hit a HR... he could end up being a double. Ekeler could be the man in LA... and he will be gone by the end of the year 3d round unless MG tucks his tail. So surrendering an 11th rd pick for him is great value. Same can be said for Boyd. Maybe Gurley falls to you at 10... or maybe you end up with Conner or Chubb. IMO, either of those guys paired with the prospective values received from Ekeler or Boyd at their respective draft slots is preferable to Gurley and your typical late-round fodder

Edited by Jlbrown0617

11 hours ago, Jlbrown0617 said:

Not sure I agree on Gurley. He has a knee issue, yes? May not be an issue, but could become one. In first rd you need to hit a HR... he could end up being a double. Ekeler could be the man in LA... and he will be gone by the end of the year 3d round unless MG tucks his tail. So surrendering an 11th rd pick for him is great value. Same can be said for Boyd. Maybe Gurley falls to you at 10... or maybe you end up with Conner or Chubb. IMO, either of those guys paired with the prospective values received from Ekeler or Boyd at their respective draft slots is preferable to Gurley and your typical late-round fodder

This is what I've been thinking, too. I know Conner will be kept, but the Chubb owner is strangely considering not keeping him.

There's also a small chance that Gurley will fall to me at 1-10, effectively giving me 3 keepers. If not, I'll grab a lesser guy but have my WR3 (Boyd) or RB3 (Ekeler) already wrapped up for a late-round pick.

If choosing between Boyd and Ekeler, whom would you keep? I loved what Ek did against AZ...until he fumbled at the goal line. I'm afraid that killed his value a little bit. Also, Jackson seemed like the guy against NO. Boyd will likely be more consistent but Ekeler could be a gold mine. I'm torn.

With the recent Gordon news and how ugly that holdout has been, I'd be risky and keep Ekeler in the 11th. Like you have been saying, you may have a chance at Gurley regardless, and with his knee concerns I wouldn't be too disappointed about giving him up. If someone keeps Gordon in your league, keeping Ekeler might produce some trade value on him. You would also have a solid flex play in 0.5 PPR for the first eight or nine weeks, as Ekeler is going to receive 12-15 touches in each of the games Gordon is out