[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

On the clock, who you picking?

Kbum1003

Trying to get some intel on how people in front of me are drafting, and this appears to be how the draft is going to go. I have the 5th pick in a 10 team PPR league. So this is a hypothetical situation, but let’s say the draft goes this way. 

1st pick: Barkley 

2nd pick: mccaffrey 

3rd pick: Kamara 

4th pick: devante adams

and I have the 5th pick. Who are y’all picking in this scenario? 

I have the pick 1.05 in my draft this Saturday.  

It is hard to believe that Zeke will not play.  He does not have the leverage (2yrs left) to hold out like Bell or Gordon.  

I would either go Zeke or Hopkins.  If you have any doubts about missing time from Zeke (game or games), the Hopkins.  Bell is an interesting, but 1st round should be as close to guarantee as you can get.  Currently it is Hopkins.

14 minutes ago, XFlash said:

It is hard to believe that Zeke will not play.  He does not have the leverage (2yrs left) to hold out like Bell or Gordon.  

I would either go Zeke or Hopkins.  If you have any doubts about missing time from Zeke (game or games), the Hopkins.  Bell is an interesting, but 1st round should be as close to guarantee as you can get.  Currently it is Hopkins.

Agree with this. I have the 6th pick coming up and I'm looking at Zeke, Hopkins, or Bell. 

I would go WR Hopkins or Adam's. and probably got zero RB until the 6th you could probably snagg Mike Evan's,  Keenan Allen, stefon Diggs,  amari cooper , Brandin cooks in the WR2 ,   Get you a DJ Moore, Calvin Ridley,  mike William's , Allen Robison sammy Watkins, landry in the as a Wr3 , Then you got options Pettis,  fuller, Kirk , curtis samuel, Anthony Miller,  allison, coutee,  probably end up with RB like Sony Michel, chris Carson, James white, Rashad penny, Tarik cohen, Lamar Miller, Ekeler, Matt brieda,  ballage  

6 hours ago, Trueblu3 said:

I would go WR Hopkins or Adam's. and probably got zero RB until the 6th you could probably snagg Mike Evan's,  Keenan Allen, stefon Diggs,  amari cooper , Brandin cooks in the WR2 ,   Get you a DJ Moore, Calvin Ridley,  mike William's , Allen Robison sammy Watkins, landry in the as a Wr3 , Then you got options Pettis,  fuller, Kirk , curtis samuel, Anthony Miller,  allison, coutee,  probably end up with RB like Sony Michel, chris Carson, James white, Rashad penny, Tarik cohen, Lamar Miller, Ekeler, Matt brieda,  ballage  

Sorry, but not going to do the zero RB strategy. Don’t like that strategy. I know it can work, but I’m just not a fan 

12 hours ago, XFlash said:

This, I have the 7th pick in a draft coming up and I'm looking at Zeke, Hopkins (my hope) or Adams

13 hours ago, XFlash said:

Agree with this as well. And because the 'close to guarantee' is so important, i understand if rather avoid zeke. I'd throw DJ into the mix here as well. even in a disastrous overall team last yr and coming off serious injury he was still a top 10 rb....should only get closer to his 100% and be even better this yr

Edited by Big Shot Rob

1 hour ago, Big Shot Rob said:

Agree with this as well. And because the 'close to guarantee' is so important, i understand if rather avoid zeke. I'd throw DJ into the mix here as well. even in a disastrous overall team last yr and coming off serious injury he was still a top 10 rb....should only get closer to his 100% and be even better this yr

Yes, I am real high on David Johnson this year, but the whole Zeke situation is tempting. Zeke vs. David Johnson is probably what I will decide between at that 5 spot 

6 hours ago, Kbum1003 said:

Sorry, but not going to do the zero RB strategy. Don’t like that strategy. I know it can work, but I’m just not a fan 

I'd be deciding between DJ and Hopkins probably then in rounds 2/3 id be looking at just drafting best available at my spot but probably targeting at least 1 RB, if not two, since there will still be way better WR2 value in the 4th round than RB2 value in the 4th.

And yeah, zero RB is trash.

Edited by AJN15

1 hour ago, AJN15 said:

I'd be deciding between DJ and Hopkins probably then in rounds 2/3 id be looking at just drafting best available at my spot but probably targeting at least 1 RB, if not two, since there will still be way better WR2 value in the 4th round than RB2 value in the 4th.

Agreed with you about zero RB strategy. Leaning towards David Johnson right now 

3 hours ago, AJN15 said:

Only trash if you dont know how yo pull it off 

17 minutes ago, Trueblu3 said:

No wonder you wanna stack up on Rbs your picking DJ 

Your making no sense. You said that you would just draft WRs the first 6 rounds. So that is better than picking a top RB then balancing out your roster with WRs and RBs? I didn’t say I’m stacking up on RBs. I like to have a balanced team 

I'm saying if you pick up some one like zeeke dont  feel like you have too reach and stack up on rbs to make up for incase he misses, that's the idea , the tier 2 wrs have a higher floor then the tier 2 rbs , the tier 4 and 5 Rbs have a higher upside the same tier WR 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Trueblu3 said:

I'm saying if you pick up some one like zeeke dont  feel like you have too reach and stack up on rbs to make up for incase he misses, that's the idea , the tier 2 wrs have a higher floor then the tier 2 rbs , the tier 4 and 5 Rbs have a higher upside the same tier WR 

Sorry, I don’t agree with your logic. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Trueblu3 said:

Please stop posting your nonsense all over this forum. Tier 2 RBs are getting 12-15 touches...tier 2 WRs will be lucky to get half of that. That's called a higher floor, in general.

Honestly, I still feel ok taking Zeke at this spot. I can't imagine Jones isn't going to cough up the dough given that the Cowboys view themselves as a playoff contender again this season. If you are seriously concerned about Zeke, you could either go Hopkins or Mixon. I am a big Mixon believer this season, especially in PPR formats where he will be receiving a bunch of check downs. Hopkins is a safer play given his floor due to a high amount of targets. Either way, you can not go wrong.

9 hours ago, SRP_Picks said:

Honestly, I still feel ok taking Zeke at this spot. I can't imagine Jones isn't going to cough up the dough given that the Cowboys view themselves as a playoff contender again this season. If you are seriously concerned about Zeke, you could either go Hopkins or Mixon. I am a big Mixon believer this season, especially in PPR formats where he will be receiving a bunch of check downs. Hopkins is a safer play given his floor due to a high amount of targets. Either way, you can not go wrong.

Zeke and DJ, I know that is what I will have to decide between. So undecided 

On 8/22/2019 at 7:17 PM, AJN15 said:

Nah, I'd just rather not have to rely on Tarik Cohen and Latavius Murray to start the season lol 

I have chris carson james white, lindsay  i mean there is value everywhere  with mike evans keenan allen dj moore  geronimo allison and hunter henry so idk why it sounds so difficult , lol 

Edited by Trueblu3

On 8/23/2019 at 12:11 AM, turbotooslow said:

Please stop posting your nonsense all over this forum. Tier 2 RBs are getting 12-15 touches...tier 2 WRs will be lucky to get half of that. That's called a higher floor, in general.

Lol oookay wr2 are chris godwin , calvin ridley dj moore , allen robison , mike williams , rb2 are sony michel , james white, kenysn drake etc lmao whats the drop off i just said if YOU dont know how to work the strategy thats on you. some peopel do it some dont chill out