[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper Conundrum: Chubb, D. Adams, or Dalvin Cook?

BrandZilla

In a 10 team, half point PPR league I get to select one keeper. These are my three most valuable players. Who do you guys think I should keep between these 3?

1. Dalvin Cook

2. Nick Chubb

3. Devonte Adams

Shower me with your football wisdom, oh loving community of sportsmen. 

I don't know how much "wisdom" I can give, but I can try to answer this problem. Out of all of these players, I would keep Chubb purely based on team trajectory. Adams is great, but Rodgers showed signs of age and fatigue last season, something I do not know if a new coaching staff can fix. Adams is very reliant on that connection with Rodgers, and training a new quarterback will take Adams out of his prime. Cook has already shown how injury prone he is, and while the Vikings offense is not bad, I do not know if I can pass up on the other talent you have for a possibility with Cook. Chubb is on a team built around a second-year QB, two talented receivers, and a solid line. Hunt should only be a threat for a year or two, and in the mean time I would say that Chubb will get a majority of the carries regardless. Godspeed.

• Thanks 1

It definitely comes down to draft position, so if you find that out before you select, that would make a difference. In my keeper league, the draft is set in reverse order of last season's standings. Finish 12th place, you draft first. Win the league, you draft last. 

If you got to a top 2-3 pick, I'd say keep Adams. If you had pick 9 or 10, I'd say keep Chubb. In the middle, I'd keep Chubb. 

• Thanks 1

Depends on your draft position , if you have a chance of snagging Adam's in the 1st rounds keep cook or chubb, if you dont keep Adam's you can probably get cook in the second round more of a probability he makes it then Adam's,  keeping Adam's gives you the freedom to get a nice Rb1 or another WR1 to go with him 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BrandZilla said:

I think I actually have the 4th pick. Leaning towards keeping Chubb, and hoping to snag Adams if the's there at 4. Looks like others ahead of me may be looking for running backs and there's a chance Adams could be there by the time I pick. Thoughts?

Sounds good to me. Chubb has shown he's a beast and everyone, including the Browns coaching staff, has said he will be more involved in the passing game...as he should be. Do you guys remember that crazy over-the-defender catch he had last year against my Bengals.

• Thanks 1