[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

1st Overall Pick

gballi15

Who do I take?  Got asked LAST NIGHT to co-manage a team, and I will basically be doing the draft that is THIS SATURDAY!  So, I haven't had a whole lot of time to prep as I wasn't planning on playing at all this year.  Anyways, it's standard 10 team league with keepers...here the top remaining guys that I can take (I currently have D. Hopkins):

D. Johnson (AZ)

J Connor

J Jones (Atl)

L Bell

Beckham

Gurley

These are the only guys I would probably seriously consider at number 1, leaning RB more so (either Bell or Gurley)...but I am open to suggestions (throw a name out and I will let you know if they are available).  Appreciate it y'all!

I would take Le'Veon Bell over David Johnson. I agree with many here that it is a coin flip, but when the talent of the players is so close, I tend to side with the better offense. During the preseason, Darnold and the Jets have looked very in sync, with the first team leading multiple scoring drives against top-unit defenses of their opponents. Murray has looked spotty at best, and if he has a down year, Johnson is unlikely to improve on his 10th rank in PPR formats he acquired last year. I know there are concerns with Bell returning from time away, but at his age, it is almost better to have a few less rushes on his legs. Give me Bell at this spot if you are leaning RB already.

Oh wow...so y'all expect DJ to have a bounce back year???  

SRP, that makes a lot sense.  The whole rookie QB and coach thing kind worry me about DJ...especially after his year last year...I don't know that there will be  big improvement there.

3 hours ago, gballi15 said:

Oh wow...so y'all expect DJ to have a bounce back year???  

SRP, that makes a lot sense.  The whole rookie QB and coach thing kind worry me about DJ...especially after his year last year...I don't know that there will be  big improvement there.

He was still a top 10 RB last season and I doubt it can get much worse.

27 minutes ago, gballi15 said:

Valid point. But by that logic, why not go with Gurley when he was, what, number 1 or 2 last year?

Two very different situations.  The concern with Gurley is the knee and being able to play for the entire season.  The Rams also have a lot more weapons to use and can spread the ball out.  If Gurley plays the entire season he very well could end up scoring more points than DJ.

In the end, it's your choice.  My point is DJ had the rookie QB last year on a team with arguably worse players around him and ended up as a Top 10 RB.  Given your choices listed DJ is the safest option to score the most points in my book.  The saying "you can't win your draft in the first round, buy you can lose it" comes to mind.