[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How does cam newton's foot injury affect CMC?

BradleyM

This is a tough one. In my opinion, you have to take CMC at the same spot. Grier/Allen (CAR backup) are both notorious for dumping it down when nothing is open deep, and if Samuel does not have a monster year, this is going to happen often. Both of these QBs also will not vulture TDs in the red zone in the same way Cam has done in his time in Carolina. However, having watched the Pats-Pants game last night, neither of them looked effective enough to lead an offense. Boxes will be stacked against CMC, and as a smaller back this could be an issue. I have always been concerned that the more touches CMC gets the more injury prone he will become, and given he will have to carry the load running the ball, I am really concerned he could go down if pushed too hard this season. Newton's injury is considered "not too serious" at the moment, but if in the next few days they sign a back out of free agency (Ajayi or Blount?), we will know they are loading up on the running game to make up for a loss in the passing game. In short, proceed with caution, but CMC should still be top two in PPR and top three in standard.

1 minute ago, BradleyM said:

Would you take Barkley, zeke, kamara, David johnson over him?

CMC, Kamara, and Barkley are all in the same tier. I've always said I would choose Barkley and that hasn't changed.