[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Luck Retiring

dope man

4 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

Pretty much what I said on the previous page 

Interesting I never got much into Luck's scenario.  Didn't realize the line was that garbage for so long.  Luck has a Stanford ed and tens of millions, comes from a highly educated family.  Prob just decided not worth it. 

Edited by purplemonster

8 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Interesting I never got much into Luck's scenario.  Didn't realize the line was that garbage for so long.  Luck has a Stanford ed and tens of millions, comes from a highly educated family.  Prob just decided not worth it. 

He explains why here..

USA TODAY: Stunner: Colts' Luck abruptly retiring from NFL

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2019/08/24/colt-andrew-luck-abruptly-retires-six-season/2111768001/

1 hour ago, MikesVikes said:

Mentally worn down and checking out. 

If if I didn’t have any Luck I would indeed have luck after all.

Born Under A Bad Sign (originally by Albert King, but popular version by Cream)

Glad we have our draft as late as possible.

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

I'm certainly biased as a Colts fan, but I will say this.  While I certainly did not condone booing him the last time he will walk off that field as a 'player', it was a knee jerk reaction by most fans.  First of all, this is preseason - and who goes to preseason games?  Sure as hell isn't people walking up to the ticket window and hoping to get nosebleeds to watch a bunch of backups practice against another team, no - it's the season ticket holders.  Season ticket holders who have likely already forked over $$ for the tickets this season.  Season ticket holders who bought the season ticket package thinking Luck was going to be the QB this year of a team who was looking to make a deep playoff run. 

But these fans find out at the game most likely by social media and word of mouth.  I wasn't there, so I can't say there wasn't a public service announcement, but I highly doubt there was.  Not knowing much else about the situation, these fans most likely did what most other fans would do.  Jump to conclusion and express their frustration with boo's.  It's not like they were cheering for someone who got hurt, unlike other fan bases.  It was fans not knowing how else to express their disappointment before knowing the underlying reason.  I'm sure if Luck would have made this decision prior to the game starting, had a press conference before the game started and then walked off the field one last time, dude - people would have paid to get in there and cheer for him one last time. 

It sucks - not only for the player, but for the fans too.  In the end, someone was putting his health on the line for the enjoyment of others.  I can't say I blame the dude, hell I would have called it quits a few seasons ago when he was pissing blood. 

Nothing more to do other than move on.  As a Colts fan, I'm cautiously optimistic about J.B.  It's not like he's a backup with little experience.  He started for an entire season and held up as good as anyone could have behind a horrible o-line.  He's also been practicing with the first team all preseason so it's not like he has a lot of catch up to do. 

Not that it's where this thread was intended to go, but I believe its the defense that will carry this team this season.  Even with J.B. I still think they will take the AFC South this season, and when it comes to the playoff's, they will go as far as the defense takes them. 

Thanks for the memories #12!  Hope you make a healthy recovery! 

1 minute ago, Shorttynaz said:

I'm certainly biased as a Colts fan, but I will say this.  While I certainly did not condone booing him the last time he will walk off that field as a 'player', it was a knee jerk reaction by most fans.  First of all, this is preseason - and who goes to preseason games?  Sure as hell isn't people walking up to the ticket window and hoping to get nosebleeds to watch a bunch of backups practice against another team, no - it's the season ticket holders.  Season ticket holders who have likely already forked over $$ for the tickets this season.  Season ticket holders who bought the season ticket package thinking Luck was going to be the QB this year of a team who was looking to make a deep playoff run. 

But these fans find out at the game most likely by social media and word of mouth.  I wasn't there, so I can't say there wasn't a public service announcement, but I highly doubt there was.  Not knowing much else about the situation, these fans most likely did what most other fans would do.  Jump to conclusion and express their frustration with boo's.  It's not like they were cheering for someone who got hurt, unlike other fan bases.  It was fans not knowing how else to express their disappointment before knowing the underlying reason.  I'm sure if Luck would have made this decision prior to the game starting, had a press conference before the game started and then walked off the field one last time, dude - people would have paid to get in there and cheer for him one last time. 

It sucks - not only for the player, but for the fans too.  In the end, someone was putting his health on the line for the enjoyment of others.  I can't say I blame the dude, hell I would have called it quits a few seasons ago when he was pissing blood. 

Nothing more to do other than move on.  As a Colts fan, I'm cautiously optimistic about J.B.  It's not like he's a backup with little experience.  He started for an entire season and held up as good as anyone could have behind a horrible o-line.  He's also been practicing with the first team all preseason so it's not like he has a lot of catch up to do. 

Not that it's where this thread was intended to go, but I believe its the defense that will carry this team this season.  Even with J.B. I still think they will take the AFC South this season, and when it comes to the playoff's, they will go as far as the defense takes them. 

Thanks for the memories #12!  Hope you make a healthy recovery! 

I honestly don't blame the fans for booing. They were totally blindsided by this. The timing could not of been worse. He's a friggin idiot if he didn't see this reaction coming. In the fans eyes the season is over before it began. 

3 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Who would you rather have leading a franchise?  Luck or Wilson?

Hindsight is always 20/20

Through 6 seasons played, Luck had put up better #'s than Wilson.  Based on that alone, I think that's answered. 

Edited by Shorttynaz

1 minute ago, Shorttynaz said:

Hindsight is always 20-20

Through 6 seasons played, Luck had put up better #'s than Wilson.  Based on that alone, I think that's answered. 

Luck 4-4 in postseason.  185 for 328 56% completion 2254 yards. 12 TDs 13 Ints. 188 rushing and 1 TD.

Wilson 8-5 postseason.  225 for 363 62% completion 3010 yards.   21 TDs 11 Ints.  368 rushing 3 TDs.

3 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Luck 4-4 in postseason.  185 for 328 56% completion 2254 yards. 12 TDs 13 Ints. 188 rushing and 1 TD.

Wilson 8-5 postseason.  225 for 363 62% completion 3010 yards.   21 TDs 11 Ints.  368 rushing 3 TDs.

You said leading a franchise.  You never said leading your team in the postseason.  Seattle has also had a defense capable of controlling a game.  Withvthe exception of last year, Seattle has also had a better O-line as well.  

• Thanks 1

Yeah that's interesting shorty. I think you're right. That was primarily season ticket holders who just got sandbagged and blindsided by the announcement.  Frankly I'd be a little pissed too.  Brissett is not terrible but he's no prize either.  I don't think I share the optimism but they'll be competitive.  I think Vegas odds went from 9-7 to 7-9 after the announcement.