[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Luck Retiring

dope man

22 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

You said leading a franchise.  You never said leading your team in the postseason.  Seattle has also had a defense capable of controlling a game.  Withvthe exception of last year, Seattle has also had a better O-line as well.  

My bad.  I assumed postseason success was a key attribute in leading a franchise.  And Seattle's o line was quite bad in pass protection, even in the SB years. PFF ranked the SEA o line 19th in PP last year; their best in Wilson's career.

Edited by Bobby Brown

12 minutes ago, MikesVikes said:

So I Googled Andrew Luck Amish. Sigh.

https://medium.com/amp/p/3fe603c6481e

:D

Wow, the truth comes out.

How is it that Amish Elders are watching games on TV?  Animal powered generators on a CRT tube TV someone left by the side of the road?

4 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

I assumed postseason success was a key attribute in leading a franchise.

So...  With that in mind, the likes of Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Joe Flacco & Nick Foles are better than Dan Marino and Jim Kelly.  Hell, I'd rather have Phillip Rivers leading my team over any of those successful postseason QBs. 

4 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

So...  With that in mind, the likes of Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Joe Flacco & Nick Foles are better than Dan Marino and Jim Kelly.  Hell, I'd rather have Phillip Rivers leading my team over any of those successful postseason QBs. 

With all due respect Wilson is a winner. You can't put him in the same breath as those stiffs. He's carried that franchise for years and he still plays at a high level today. Luck is out of the league. 

Edited by League_Champion

8 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

With all due respect Wilson is a winner. You can't put him in the same breath as those stiffs. He's carried that franchise for years and he still plays at a high level today. Luck is out of the league. 

I was just basing it off of postseason success, as BB said in a follow-up that was his key attribute.   

1 hour ago, TrevorThinksHeKnowsFantasy said:

I have to say this to whoever drafted the man.. 

thats bad “luck”

I unmuted you, and this is the first post of yours I see.  

I need to stop going against my better judgment.  

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

Trent Dilfer

Trent Dilfer actually managed to throw as many TDs as INTs in the postseason.  A metric that Luck will never equal.  Maybe the Colts should trade for RG3.  He didn't have much postseason success either.  But his short career as a starting QB during the regular season was still pretty stellar.

Probably difficult to compare. They're pretty different players. At his peak Russell Wilson was basically untackleable. He didn't even need a good line because he could just juke around and he'd never take a clean hit. Luck is not that kind of athlete and he's tough so he absorbed hits.  

I think Russell Wilson is just far better equipped to deal with a crappy Oline.  Both are awesome quarterbacks though. With a good team Luck could have been pretty tough he never really had that good of a team. 

Edited by purplemonster

21 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

You can't question Luck's talent but I will question his heart. Perhaps that's the difference between he & Wilson. 

Well I mean all things being equal. I would take peak Wilson. Basically no other quarterback has moved like Wilson could except for Vick.  And he's a pretty good thrower too.  I doubt Wilson has taken the kind of hits luck has just due to his superior athleticism. 

And  you can't argue with the results. Won a Super Bowl and should have had a second if his coach hadn't made a bonehead call

Edited by purplemonster

1 hour ago, Shorttynaz said:

I respectfully disagree.  I don't see Chris Ballard giving up much of anything in regards to trading for a QB.  Jacoby Brissett is serviceable enough.  

I was just being a titty twister.  It sucks to see Luck leave early.  Jake Locker lives in my hometown and left the gane early.  He's QB coach at my son's high school.  Super solid guy, gave a lead in speech on basketball AAU warning parents about not living their life through kids sporting success in high school.  And how he's happier now than playing in the NFL.

26 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Luck did his job, he didn't screw the Colts. Best to you Andrew for preserving your mental and physical health.

If anything they screwed him by consistently failing to provide him with even a moderately competent offensive line for protection 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

If anything they screwed him by consistently failing to provide him with even a moderately competent offensive line for protection 

Agreed and there has also been rumblings about their poor athletic training/medical staff. 

7 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

I unmuted you, and this is the first post of yours I see.  

I need to stop going against my better judgment.  

I will leave you alone this year. I’m taking life more serious these days. I’m a serious man. A man a much serious. I have decided to spare you because I am serious, and mature, and seriously mature. Love you

• Confused 2