dope man

Luck Retiring

4 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I'm not saying it's ever gonna happen but it would be interesting. And no Brissett is not good. He's serviceable. 

Based on what??  He's young, mobile, and knows the offense.  This time he actually has one of the best O-lines in the league

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

Based on what??  He's young, mobile, and knows the offense.  This time he actually has one of the best O-lines in the league

Based on what I've seen in previous years but I'm willing to give him a chance. Good O-line, no excuses, prove it. I'm certainly not drafting him anytime soon. 

20 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

I for one don't believe he's 100% ruled out a return. I think he's frustrated with his inability to fully recovery and the constant pressures from the team and the media that surround that lack of recovery. By retiring he can quiet the noise and focus on his health without rushing or at least thinking he has to rush it. 

Man, I don't know. That dude looked broken to me at the press conference. Like mentally broken and done.

I don't think he comes back. You can't come back from that. Especially leaving the locker room two weeks before the season. He's smart enough to know that an ending like that is a true ending.

He's done. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chief Dick said:

Man, I don't know. That dude looked broken to me at the press conference. Like mentally broken and done.

I don't think he comes back. You can't come back from that. Especially leaving the locker room two weeks before the season. He's smart enough to know that an ending like that is a true ending.

He's done. 

As much as I don't want it to be true, I agree with you.  If he had any desire to come back, he would have done this earlier.  

I read somewhere this morning, someone asked him if he will unretire in the future?  He said he cannot see the future but his firm stance right now is he's done.  Permanently.  

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, DMD said:

He already started all of 2017 and threw for 3098 yards and 13 TDs. Luck threw for 4593 yards and 39 TDs with pretty much the same team the next year. Brissett has already proven to be back-up quality.

Brissett took 52 sacks, most in the NFL in 2017, Luck took 18 sacks in 2018, after over 40 in 2016. I'd suspect the line was better last year, or some other aspect of their offense took some pressure off Luck. Not sure you can say they were the same team, you don't cut sacks down that quickly (team totals of 44, 56, 18 in last 3 seasons) with the same team. 

By no means am I saying Brissett is anywhere close to Luck, or an elite or top 10-15 starter, but he's more than some backup caliber guy. 

Edited by stevegrab
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

As much as I don't want it to be true, I agree with you.  If he had any desire to come back, he would have done this earlier.  

I read somewhere this morning, someone asked him if he will unretire in the future?  He said he cannot see the future but his firm stance right now is he's done.  Permanently.  

His college coach was guest on "The Herd" this morning. Coach said Andrew does not do anything half heartedly and he isn't coming back.