[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Patriots vs Giants

Gourdeau

Couple notes here. Edleman for some reason played, caught 1 ball and went off favouring his hand, has not returned. Demariyus Thomas, 7 for 87 and 2 tds on 8 targets in first half. Is this just a former pro bowler vs 4th stringers or is he back to legitimacy?

8 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

The very fact Thomas is playing and playing well has me jumping for joy. I’m excited to see him catching balls from Brady

Putting in a claim for him. $300 out of $1000. Huge gamble but I'm a sucker 

On 8/30/2019 at 5:52 AM, League_Champion said:

Don't drink the Kool-Aid. Thomas is what he is. It's week 4 of a meaningless pre-season against practice squad cornerbacks. 

That’s not the point. The point is he played, played a lot and played well. It could have been against pop warner kids for all I care. A few months ago there were questions if he would even make the final cuts. And what he is is a Perineal 1,000 yd WR before his injury. I’ll drink the kool aid. 

Edited by tazinib1

On 8/30/2019 at 8:52 AM, League_Champion said:
21 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

That’s not the point. The point is he played, played a lot and played well. It could have been against pop warner kids for all I care. A few months ago there were questions if he would even make the final cuts. And what he is is a Perineal 1,000 yd WR before his injury. I’ll drink the kool aid. 

Don't drink the Kool-Aid. Thomas is what he is. It's week 4 of a meaningless pre-season against practice squad cornerbacks. 

Everyone gets excited about Josh Gordon. He's 28 and had ONE.....yes ONE great season. Thomas put together 4 great consecutive seasons and his subpar seasons can be attributed to poor QB play. I'm going to drink this kool aid also. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

This typo made me laugh because perineal is a medical term for the taint 

Edited by purplemonster
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shaft said:

Everyone gets excited about Josh Gordon. He's 28 and had ONE.....yes ONE great season. Thomas put together 4 great consecutive seasons and his subpar seasons can be attributed to poor QB play. I'm going to drink this kool aid also. 

That was a long time ago in a land far away before serious injuries. Drink away if you must. I just hope you picked him up and didn't draft him. 

He had 83 catches 950 yards and 5 tds with a horrific QB group literally not a long long time ago in 2017. Prior to that, 4 straight years of 13 to 1300 yards amd 95 to 100 catches. Then a down year in 2016 for 90 yards and 1083 yards.

Last year he played 15 games. Prior to that he hasn't missed a game since 2011. I'm not sure where all these serious injuries are and where all this " we know what he is stuff comes from" what he was is a stud and we've seen players brunch back from A serious injury multiple times. 

8 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

He had 83 catches 950 yards and 5 tds with a horrific QB group literally not a long long time ago in 2017. Prior to that, 4 straight years of 13 to 1300 yards amd 95 to 100 catches. Then a down year in 2016 for 90 yards and 1083 yards.

Last year he played 15 games. Prior to that he hasn't missed a game since 2011. I'm not sure where all these serious injuries are and where all this " we know what he is stuff comes from" what he was is a stud and we've seen players brunch back from A serious injury multiple times. 

Are we talking about the same guy? I apologise if I'm wrong but wasn't that injury in 2018, not 2011. Maybe I have the wrong guy 

"Thomas is returning to the field following an Achilles rupture that ended his 2018 season. The 31-year-old has been working his way back".

Yes it was last year while with the Texans but he played 15 of 16 games before that injury. Your statement suggests that it's been forever since he's been relevant and that he has had a slew of injuries in his career. 

Just now, Gourdeau said:

Yes it was last year while with the Texans but he played 15 of 16 games before that injury. Your statement suggests that it's been forever since he's been relevant and that he has had a slew of injuries in his career. 

No, not at all. I'm just saying that's a very serious injury for a 31 year old receiver to come back from and be the same as before. It rarely happens. I think we both can agree on that fact. 

16 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Are we talking about the same guy? I apologise if I'm wrong but wasn't that injury in 2018, not 2011. Maybe I have the wrong guy 

"Thomas is returning to the field following an Achilles rupture that ended his 2018 season. The 31-year-old has been working his way back".

Emmanual Sanders tore his achilles last year and is 32, playing with a worse QB.  I see no shortage of people drafting him in the mid rounds.

1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

No, not at all. I'm just saying that's a very serious injury for a 31 year old receiver to come back from and be the same as before. It rarely happens. I think we both can agree on that fact. 

Yup I can agree to that however with modern medicine we are seeing guys return sooner and play longer. 

1 hour ago, Gourdeau said:

Yup I can agree to that however with modern medicine we are seeing guys return sooner and play longer. 

.Source: The #Patriots are releasing WR Demaryius Thomas, who flashed in the fourth preseason game. He’s still working his way back to health.

Edited by League_Champion