volfan1995

What are owners looking for in a league?

I have a 10 team PPR league on Yahoo where I'm 3 owners short this year due to a couple of owners retiring.  I've been running the league for about 20 years now and I posted the opening on this message board a couple of days ago, but so far I haven't found any replacements.  Therefore, I thought I would ask other owners what is most important to you when selecting a league to join.  Is it the league site (mine is on Yahoo), is it the cost to join ($100), the scoring format, the draft type (auction or standard), draft date, etc...? I know owners consider many factors when deciding which leagues to join, and I've been playing fantasy football since 1990 myself.  However, I'm looking for feedback on any specific items that make a league enticing for you to join.

I would appreciate all feedback.

Lol I in same boat as you I also been play since sometime in the 90's I just enjoy normal way we have played for years don't mind a flex lol guess we just old and stuck in our ways 

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with your league. I wanted to join it but I was looking to pay through Leaguesafe since I have money in there. I believe yours was pay through Yahoo. If I didn’t have $$ in LS, wouldn’t be a big deal 

As I recall, your league doesn’t do this, but I avoid leagues that draft IDP’s. 

I will be honest with you I have been playing fantasy football for 30 years now started in 89 and I don't mind the head-to-head (I prefer auction).. I prefer Waiver Wires to be either faab or the worst record in the standings as first dibs (otherwise how do you catch up) I don't like the continual rolling ...and I wish that more of the pot of money would go towards total points.... it makes no sense to me that we reward and give the money to teams that got lucky that they played inferior opponents and snuck into the playoffs scoring 200 less points and a team who had 400 more points scored against him and he loses that never made sense to me!!! and people just say "well that's fantasy football"... no not if you make scoring points the number one criteria and people will say well it keeps guys involved nope there's just as many guys tanking when they're 1 and 7 as to when they're a hundred points behind... I would like a points scored predominant or even a points only League... I was in a League last year and it was a good concept I just hated that it was a keeper league and by week 6 guys were already looking to do trades for next year's picks and we're not even concentrating on this year it was crazy but it was a 12-team league and you played everybody every week so long story short (well not so short )   if you ...ended up week #1  if you scored the most points you were 11 -0 for the week and if you scored the next week the fourth most points your record was 8 - 3 and you kept a record that way ..that at least gives it some validity because you're getting credit for your points that you score not you lost the game 1:49 -1:47 but a person in your division wins 79 - 78 he gets a win and you get a loss that never made any sense to me... it's got to be played on mfl