[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will Jimmy G return to his old form prior to injury

dope man

It's just an ACL so I wouldn't think it would affect his play. It might affect how he scrambles which might not be a bad thing since the ACL injury was completely unnecessary. He actually stepped into bounds and hit a guy. So if it affects him mentally who knows.  He hasn't played really enough to say how he's going to do. Personally I feel like he'll be average. Maybe slightly above-average. But I don't know if I would expect more than that. 

Edited by purplemonster

I drafted him pretty late as a TE2 (14.2), after Engram at 4.1,  in a best ball league where TEs average 1.5 PPR so that TE position has more value. I got Gesicki two rounds later, who may end up being the better pick. 

Graham was drafted too high last year and his fantasy value was worse than the year before under Wilson. He's a finesse TE who doesn't want to go down the middle.  He alligator armed more than a couple passes from Wilson over the course of his Seattle career and didn't click all that well with Rodgers in his first year in GB. A couple years with Wilson slinging passes (before they went run heavy) and one year with Rodgers gives you his likely ceiling.  

Graham's potential value is still semi-solid because Rodgers is his QB, and there isn't a lot of developed WRs beyond Adams.  But the guy is 32 years old and the sky isn't the limit for stats.  He was the 18th TE picked up in my draft and we waited for a backup. 

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

I drafted him pretty late as a TE2 (14.2), after Engram at 4.1,  in a best ball league where TEs average 1.5 PPR so that TE position has more value. I got Gesicki two rounds later, who may end up being the better pick. 

Graham was drafted too high last year and his fantasy value was worse than the year before under Wilson. He's a finesse TE who doesn't want to go down the middle.  He alligator armed more than a couple passes from Wilson over the course of his Seattle career and didn't click all that well with Rodgers in his first year in GB. A couple years with Wilson slinging passes (before they went run heavy) and one year with Rodgers gives you his likely ceiling.  

Graham's potential value is still semi-solid because Rodgers is his QB, and there isn't a lot of developed WRs beyond Adams.  But the guy is 32 years old and the sky isn't the limit for stats.  He was the 18th TE picked up in my draft and we waited for a backup. 

Bobby, what and who the hell are you talking about? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, dope man said:

Just remembering how sharp this guy was prior to his injury. And thoughts on if 

he will regain the level he was at and how long it will take him to get there? I just can’t get a good grasp on this guy....

I think the sample size is too small. I've never been a Jimmy G fan. I never understood the Jimmy G love. 

1 hour ago, Gourdeau said:

He's talking about Jimmy Graham lol

Which player was the OP talking about?  Who knows, since its become so hard to actually write out a players full name these days. 

Everybody has to have a nickname, but they need to be unique. 

If we're talking the QB in SF, I was never sold on him being that much above average. 

If its the TE, I thought he was pretty well washed up already. 

5 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Which player was the OP talking about?  Who knows, since its become so hard to actually write out a players full name these days. 

Everybody has to have a nickname, but they need to be unique. 

If we're talking the QB in SF, I was never sold on him being that much above average. 

If its the TE, I thought he was pretty well washed up already. 

Definitely the QB. Graham didn't have a major injury last year. 

To me Garoppolo is just another Matt Cassle and Brian Hoyer. Dynamite in a Bill Belicheck/Josh Mcnugget system. 

2 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

To me Garoppolo is just another Matt Cassle and Brian Hoyer. Dynamite in a Bill Belicheck/Josh Mcnugget system. 

I totally agree. I see nothing in him that makes me believe he's a quality NFL QB. Isn't that what they've said about every other NE backup?

4 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

In my defense, the OP  didn't specify last year and Jimmy Graham also had a major injury.   Also not sure if Garrapolo was ever in "form."

If the OP was talking QB instead of TE; the mea culpa.  Hell, these days it'll probably end up being the most informative post in the thread anyway. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

In my defense, the OP  didn't specify last year and Jimmy Graham also had a major injury.   Also not sure if Garrapolo was ever in "form."

If the OP was talking QB instead of TE; the mea culpa.  Hell, these days it'll probably end up being the most informative post in the thread anyway. 

All is forgiven. For what it's worth it was a well written post and pretty much spot on. See, I'm not always an ass. Did you really think we'd waste 2 seconds on a slow washed up TE? 

Edited by League_Champion

On 9/9/2019 at 1:38 PM, League_Champion said:

What form? Backup QB form? 

Looked pretty good today on the road to a team that took the Seahawks down to the wire in their house on opening weekend.  Nearly 600 yards of offense and what looks to be a pretty potent run game. I say give him props so far I know it’s early but everyone loves to beat up on the guy when he’s down but no kudos when he puts in a solid performance. Dont hate him cause he’s pretty and could steal ya girl!

:pickle:

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe
  • Like 1