[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where does AB end up?

8rattoon

I went to bed with AB being release and woke up to he signed with NEP :o

I'm sure BB wanted the scoop on PIT.  At first I thought it was just going to be a 1 week signing for AB to spill his guts about PIT then he gets released for not showing up for practice for week 2 games or any of the strict rules that BB has.

How is AB going to contain himself and not Instagram something about BB and NEP?

He signed before week 1.  How does this play out with guarantee monies?  Can they still cut him without penalty?

I'm still in shock this Dbag got signed so soon.

9 minutes ago, XFlash said:

I went to bed with AB being release and woke up to he signed with NEP :o

I'm sure BB wanted the scoop on PIT.  At first I thought it was just going to be a 1 week signing for AB to spill his guts about PIT then he gets released for not showing up for practice for week 2 games or any of the strict rules that BB has.

How is AB going to contain himself and not Instagram something about BB and NEP?

He signed before week 1.  How does this play out with guarantee monies?  Can they still cut him without penalty?

I'm still in shock this Dbag got signed so soon.

It's all very suspicious. First, the Patriots had a deal done with AB before the ink was even dry on his release form. Then they give him $15 million for 1 year with 10 million guaranteed. Why?? They could have gotten him for pennies on the dollar. There had to be tampering and talks long before his official release. 

Patriots have agreed to a one-year deal worth up to $15 million that includes a $9 million signing bonus, $10 million guaranteed and $5 million in incentives.

4 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

True, but I meant about team meetings, discussions, disagreements with how he is being utilized, etc.....  all the things that BB does not allow for the rest of NEP players.

5 minutes ago, XFlash said:

True, but I meant about team meetings, discussions, disagreements with how he is being utilized, etc.....  all the things that BB does not allow for the rest of NEP players.

I had this argument on Twitter last night. These types of posts he just made in a matter of a couple hours after signing are the things the Pats don't do. These represent an individualist mentality, not a team first approach. Me me me. My argument was name me a single player  on the pats that is active on Social media other than posting family photos , public events etc.

37 minutes ago, XFlash said:

https://dailysnark.com/antonio-brown-likes-tweet-that-says-raiders-gm-mike-mayok-should-be-raped/

7 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

please stop. This signing does not guarantee them a title. WTF is wrong with fans freaking out like this. Have you contacted Tomlin and told him to forfeit every game since the Pats already won the Super Bowl. 

I certainly like the optimism. When they are guaranteed a sweep of their division thus home field throughout the playoffs, it's hard to be optimistic. 

At the end of the day, I'm not afraid to admit I'm butt hurt lol

This absolutely does not guarantee the Pats anything. Remember they went 16-0 with Moss but finished 18-1.

I agree with the comments about AB being some kind of Evil Genius. I think this was all planned from the get go when he went crazy to get out of Pitt. Then when Pitt. didn't release him like he wanted and traded him instead he decided he would act a fool until they got fed up and released him. I think he contacted NE at some point in the last couple of months and told them I will get myself out of here. Cause there is no way BB makes this signing without doing his due diligence and being somewhat sure he will not pull this stuff in NE.

Edited by blaw23
  • Thanks 1

I can't believe this!

Crazy that was the intention all along.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Antonio Brown sought advice from social media consultants to "accelerate" his release from the Raiders.

That would explain some of Brown's more outlandish maneuvers in the past week, including an Instagram story criticizing the Raiders for fining him (which later led to a heated confrontation with GM Mike Mayock) and a YouTube clip leaking a recorded (presumably private) conversation with coach Jon Gruden. Brown's acts of self-sabotage worked exactly as intended, drawing the Raiders' ire and eventually freeing him to align with Tom Brady and Bill Belichick in New England. The Patriots offered a first-rounder for Brown earlier this offseason but the Steelers weren't keen to trade him to a conference rival. Turns out, he found his way to Foxboro anyway. The Evil Empire strikes again.

Sep 8, 2019, 10:57 AM ET

•  

22 hours ago, XFlash said:

I can't believe this!

Crazy that was the intention all along.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Antonio Brown sought advice from social media consultants to "accelerate" his release from the Raiders.

That would explain some of Brown's more outlandish maneuvers in the past week, including an Instagram story criticizing the Raiders for fining him (which later led to a heated confrontation with GM Mike Mayock) and a YouTube clip leaking a recorded (presumably private) conversation with coach Jon Gruden. Brown's acts of self-sabotage worked exactly as intended, drawing the Raiders' ire and eventually freeing him to align with Tom Brady and Bill Belichick in New England. The Patriots offered a first-rounder for Brown earlier this offseason but the Steelers weren't keen to trade him to a conference rival. Turns out, he found his way to Foxboro anyway. The Evil Empire strikes again.

Sep 8, 2019, 10:57 AM ET

•  

Hmm so the Steelers could have got more for AB and we avoid this two months of bizarro world stuff with AB and the Raiders.

This could be a blue print for other unhappy players, and could cause some serious issues with the NFL going forward. Could super teams like we've seen in the NBA be far behind?

PS  Apparently the Pats don't even need AB to be world beaters. What a horrible day of football yesterday, starting with the Browns returning to their clown status.