[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AB to New England

Shorttynaz

Just now, Gourdeau said:

(the really bad word)ing disgrace. Seriously though. You've won the Superbowl 6 times with much less talent and you're willing to bring in this idiot into your dynasty

Cheaters will do whatever they can do in order to win

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, purplemonster said:

Yeah, stuff like this makes me not really want to watch football honestly.  It's like the Golden State Warriors or LeBron taking his talents to Miami.  Guys playing for NE for a discount.  It's lame.  Of course I'll watch but it's annoying.  

True that. Like we need another reason to hate the pats

• Thanks 1

Good for my 14 fantasy teams with Brown....bad my for real like team the Browns on hopes of winning the AFC this year.

What a roller coaster ride last night I missed Brown in 2 leagues by 1 pick was not happy then today was happy I missed him in those 2 leagues but crushed for the 14 other teams and now this.……...

55 minutes ago, CowboysDiehard said:

I should post the text I sent my buddy a few days ago.  Told him AB would land in NE.  He said no way. 

They’ve been saying that for a good two weeks here in Minnesota. It’s the new Randy Moss. Leaves the Vikings for the Raiders until flourishing with the Patriots. But the Pats didn’t win the Super Bowl that year.

55 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Sounds like this was the plan all along. Tampering anyone? 

My very first thought. How could it not be? Was AB acting his way off the Raiders knowing he would be a Patriot? Have my Raiders been played like the big dummies they are? Are the Patriots the NFL Mafia? Will Josh Gordon smoke AB and get suspended again? He is a banned substance or should be? Is AB mentally ill or up for an Oscar? Everybody joked about that as a landing spot. Is it collusion? What rub and tug? Stay tuned for next weeks NFL!

4 minutes ago, Moobs said:

My very first thought. How could it not be? Was AB acting his way off the Raiders knowing he would be a Patriot? Have my Raiders been played like the big dummies they are? Are the Patriots the NFL Mafia? Will Josh Gordon smoke AB and get suspended again? He is a banned substance or should be? Is AB mentally ill or up for an Oscar? Everybody joked about that as a landing spot. Is it collusion? What rub and tug? Stay tuned for next weeks NFL!

I feel exactly the same. It's like they had a deal prior to his release. It smells.

Someone in the Yahoo comments section posted this:

1) In 2014 LeGarrette Blount was signed to the Steelers to mentor newly drafted RB LeVeon Bell. Just before the season started the 2 were pulled over and arrested for driving while stoned. They got suspended. Later in the year Blount literally walked off the field in the middle of a game claiming he was angry he wasn't getting enough carries. Naturally the Steelers cut him. Within 24 hours he was smiling as he had somehow negotiated and signed a contract with the Patriots.

2) In 2017 James Harrison was released by the Steelers towards the end of the season after extremely unusual behavior including skipping team meetings and ignoring coach's directions. 3 days after they released him Harrison signed with the Patriots.

3) Heading into the last game of the end of the 2018 season AB decides to skip the last game of the year, blows up the team and demands a trade. He more or less makes it known that there are very few teams he will consider joining. When the Steelers work a deal with the Bills AB blows it up. The team works a trade with the Raiders instead (rejecting a deal from a certain Boston-based organization).

4) Now throughout preseason it has been really clear to anyone paying attention that AB is trying to get released. Why would a guy guaranteed $30M want to get cut?