[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How is week 1 treating you?

mclellan83

I got a lot of flack for my draft, turned out well so far

QB
P. Rivers QB - LAC
    333 Pass Yds, 3 Pass TD, 1 Int, 6 Rush Yds   51.42
RB
D. Johnson RB - ARI
    82 Rush Yds, 55 Rec Yds, 1 Rec TD   25.70
RB
C. Carson RB - SEA
    46 Rush Yds, 1 Rush TD, 1 Fum, 35 Rec Yds, ...   25.10
WR
O. Beckham WR - CLE 
    71 Rec Yds   14.10
WR
A. Robinson WR - CHI
    102 Rec Yds   20.20
TE
J. Graham TE - GB
    30 Rec Yds, 1 Rec TD   12.00
W/R
A. Jones RB - GB
    39 Rush Yds   4.90
W/T
J. Gordon WR - NE
    73 Rec Yds, 1 Rec TD   16.30
R/W/T
D. Jackson WR - PHI
    154 Rec Yds, 2 Rec TD   46.40
K
M. Prater K - DET
    3 PAT, 1 30-39, 1 50+   11.00
DEF
Saints DEF
Total  227.12

It totally blew chunks

Kickoff game was OK, but too few points for Davante Adamds while my Bears D did ok.

Then my Browns get embarrassed in a featured game and look like the clowns of the past.

Then I get the wonderfully compelling Cowboys and a sound thrashing of the Giants. (Nice first drive there guys, but the game isn't over after a few minutes.)

Ahh bonus coverage after that, and I watch the Lions (my brothers favorite team since relocating to Michigan about 15 years ago) give up their lead and end with a tie game in OT.

Followed up by the Pats, and their nauseating pounding of the Steelers. Piled on top of the "AB signed by the Pats and the season is over, Pats win the SB" news/talk cycle.

My fantasy team, well it trails 102-51, I've been doubled up even with some pretty good players (Goff, Carson, Adams, Ertz) as my opponent got over 30 from Dak and 18 each from 3 other guys including his friggin kicker. 

It was a wonderful first weekend of NFL action.

1 minute ago, stevegrab said:

It totally blew chunks

Kickoff game was OK, but too few points for Davante Adamds while my Bears D did ok.

Then my Browns get embarrassed in a featured game and look like the clowns of the past.

Then I get the wonderfully compelling Cowboys and a sound thrashing of the Giants. (Nice first drive there guys, but the game isn't over after a few minutes.)

Ahh bonus coverage after that, and I watch the Lions (my brothers favorite team since relocating to Michigan about 15 years ago) give up their lead and end with a tie game in OT.

Followed up by the Pats, and their nauseating pounding of the Steelers. Piled on top of the "AB signed by the Pats and the season is over, Pats win the SB" news/talk cycle.

My fantasy team, well it trails 102-51, I've been doubled up even with some pretty good players (Goff, Carson, Adams, Ertz) as my opponent got over 30 from Dak and 18 each from 3 other guys including his friggin kicker. 

It was a wonderful first weekend of NFL action.

Hopefully it wakes up your Brownies they def have the talent this year, but think they were too caught up in themselves.  The first drive looked really good just like the Giants, luckily for your guys you have talent all around instead of just a RB and TE like the Giants.  Being a Steeler fan it was tough last night but I was unlike most of Pittsburgh and knew what was going to happen.  We will rebound and while NE is gonna be really tough I don't think they repeat even with Brown who I think is really going to destroy some people

25 minutes ago, mclellan83 said:

QB
P. Rivers QB - LAC
RB
D. Johnson RB - ARI
RB
C. Carson RB - SEA
WR
O. Beckham WR - CLE 
    71 Rec Yds   14.10
WR
A. Robinson WR - CHI
    102 Rec Yds   20.20
TE
J. Graham TE - GB
W/R
A. Jones RB - GB
    39 Rush Yds   4.90
W/T
J. Gordon WR - NE
R/W/T
D. Jackson WR - PHI
K
M. Prater K - DET
DEF
Saints DEF
Total  227.12

You must have some heavy bonuses, 6 PTS for QB TDs and full PPR I assume? Not to mention is that an 8 or team league? That's a lot of positions you have to start...looks like a real nice team though so idk why you got so much flack.

My team is looking real nice even with Adams and Aaron Jones putting up a dud performance then Baker manureting the bed. Have Dalvin Cook (110 yards, 2 TDs), Amari Cooper (100+ yards and a TD,and Evan Engram (10/110/1) so I had a nice week myself. Had Josh Gordon and Golladay on the bench too in a 10 teamer so my depth is looking really nice... 

Garbage...thats how it went. Gonna score the highest points I have had in a decade in my local, and I am gonna loose because of Antonio Brown.  Let me explain...now I am sure this is a scenario that happened to many people but...Antonio does his stupid antics and gets traded and can't play Week 1. My opponent had him starting and plugged in Watkins as a replacement. Oh yeah, he also had Mahomes. F'ing yay. Silver lining I guess is that points is our first tie breaker, so I am trying to come out of this debacle with something positive. Barf.

1 hour ago, mclellan83 said:

QB
P. Rivers QB - LAC
RB
D. Johnson RB - ARI
RB
C. Carson RB - SEA
WR
O. Beckham WR - CLE 
    71 Rec Yds   14.10
WR
A. Robinson WR - CHI
    102 Rec Yds   20.20
TE
J. Graham TE - GB
W/R
A. Jones RB - GB
    39 Rush Yds   4.90
W/T
J. Gordon WR - NE
R/W/T
D. Jackson WR - PHI
K
M. Prater K - DET
DEF
Saints DEF
Total  227.12

So far?? It's week one. In asking how everyones week was going you're really just trying to tell us how well your's is going. I'll ask you how your season is going around week 10 and see if you're as enthused by then.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, GoBlueFab5 said:

So far?? It's week one. In asking how everyones week was going you're really just trying to tell us how well your's is going. I'll ask you how your season is going around week 10 and see if you're as enthused by then.

I don't know who shat in your cheerios but it is a convo to vent and or say it went well.  Guess yours did not go well, better luck by week 10 I guess?  I usually have the injury bug so wouldn't surprise me in the least that many of them are injured by then.

3 minutes ago, mclellan83 said:

I don't know who shat in your cheerios but it is a convo to vent and or say it went well.  Guess yours did not go well, better luck by week 10 I guess?  I usually have the injury bug so wouldn't surprise me in the least that many of them are injured by then.

Quite well actually. Seems like you need more positive reinforcement than your score provided. Too early to be ecstatic or to panic.

QB
P. Rivers QB - LAC
RB
D. Johnson RB - ARI
RB
C. Carson RB - SEA
WR
O. Beckham WR - CLE 
    71 Rec Yds   14.10
WR
A. Robinson WR - CHI
    102 Rec Yds   20.20
TE
J. Graham TE - GB
W/R
A. Jones RB - GB
    39 Rush Yds   4.90
W/T
J. Gordon WR - NE
R/W/T
D. Jackson WR - PHI
K
M. Prater K - DET
DEF
Saints DEF
Total  227.12

Yeah I don't know why you caught flak at your draft - seems like a totally reasonable team to me and that's before it went nuts in week 1.

This week is likely a win for me in my main league but only because of Lamar Jackson. The rest of the team is steaming dung, made worse by investing in the very clear RBBCs in Detroit and Chicago. 

Maybe you're new here but the "I had a great week 1 how'd you all do" threads usually fall flat as a giant moose fart. 

PS  If your league gave you flack at the draft, go crow to them. If people here gave you flak, find them and offer your commentary in response to those posts. Nobody really cares otherwise. 

Edited by stevegrab

1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

I'm doing ehh. In the big money leagues in good. CMC and Ekeler basically carried me. I got destroyed in a couple other leagues where I had Winston, Mixon and Evans. That's week 1 for ya! 

That's why I had to cut back to one league, was rooting for all of the NFL and in one league it would help the other it would kill me

3 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I know. I drafted almost the same in some leagues. It's bad. 

Yeah then I found myself trying to do the same but then would pass over guys I would have taken over them just to have the similar teams that hurt me in the long run of the season

The average score in our 10 team league is around 130-150.  I pulled 180+. The only other team with monster points put up 206 (Lamar and C Mac got 85 alone). So, 2nd highest point total and I'm in 6th place. Nice.