[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How is week 1 treating you?

mclellan83

Good and bad.  I feel like I should trust my instincts and not rankings anymore.  I really wanted to reach for Derrick Henry during the draft but instead took Kerryon even though I dont like him that much.  Turns out it will likely be a huge mistake.  Also I took Robby Anderson when I had Jeffrey sitting there, which I didn't see.  Likely another mistake.  

But I hit on Andrews the TE so far, Mahomes, Leveon Bell, etc.  

I disagree that the 1st round is most important.  Rounds 3-5 are important.  A good player will explode, a bad one will be near worthless.  

Edited by purplemonster

I'm going to win with Josh Jacobs still left to play.

Drew Brees--Got me 300 yards and a couple of TDs. 

Saquon Barkley---Got me 120 yards rushing

Chris Carson--2 TDs

Mike Evans--Sucked (think he was still recovering from being sick)

Robby Anderson--Sucked (Antonio Brown would have been my starter.  I had Fitzgerald on the bench....ugh)

Josh Jacobs--

TJ Hockenson--I've been calling this guy to be a stud for several weeks now.  He reminds me of Gronk except he is a better blocker

Robbie Gould--A couple of FGs

Chiefs D--Didn't do much which was disappointing given Jacksonville was playing with their backup QB

So I ended up with 243 which was second best in the league, this week may not be as good since I play the top scoring team from last week. I ended up dropping Eiffert since I added Gio and didn't really expect to get him with Mixon going down but now I am stuck with just Jimmy Graham.  Gotta keep my fingers crossed on that one

It played out pretty well for me as in my draft I rolled the dice with waiting on QB's like I always do and selected Lamar Jackson and Kyler Murray. I started Lamar Jackson and that worked out. I also started Marlon Mack as my Flex and that worked.  Really the only dud I had was the Houston Texans D starting and I should have known better as they were up against the Saints offense.

6 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

I won but it was not an impressive win.  I do still like my team though.  My only real concerns are Gurley, Jared Cook and Pettis. 

I also won, but it wasn't by a huge margin. I also have Jared Cook and I am not giving up on him. He was up against Houston and they are not that shabby so I see him bouncing back.

9 minutes ago, Fat Cat said:

I also won, but it wasn't by a huge margin. I also have Jared Cook and I am not giving up on him. He was up against Houston and they are not that shabby so I see him bouncing back.

I probably should have drafted Engram instead of Cook, but I'll hope Cook improves.  He missed a lot of training camp with a minor injury so I'm hoping his chemistry with Brees increases. 

1 minute ago, gbill2004 said:

I probably should have drafted Engram instead of Cook, but I'll hope Cook improves.  He missed a lot of training camp with a minor injury so I'm hoping his chemistry with Brees increases. 

Engram has some positives and some negatives with him. First his team is very weak. Second the team is run first with Saquan. The positive though is he is a big option when they do have to pass and they should be coming from behind quite often. I do think Cook will be just fine.

1 minute ago, Fat Cat said:

Engram has some positives and some negatives with him. First his team is very weak. Second the team is run first with Saquan. The positive though is he is a big option when they do have to pass and they should be coming from behind quite often. I do think Cook will be just fine.

I watched the game and Cook looked great.  It's all about getting enough targets form Brees. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

I watched the game and Cook looked great.  It's all about getting enough targets form Brees. 

I agree and that is a problem in New Orleans because they do have many offensive weapons.

2 hours ago, Fat Cat said:

I didnt watch the entire giants/cowboys game....but I suspect, even if they make a move to jones at qb at some point, if the giants are getting their ass kicked they arent going to ride saquon too hard...i think they are looking to preserve him especially after all the touches last year.....i dont think they believe they are going to compete this year and there is no need to run him into the ground.....actually looking back at what they did in week 1 if i could go back I might have taken mccaffrey or kamara #1

fyi i own engram too

17 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

I didnt watch the entire giants/cowboys game....but I suspect, even if they make a move to jones at qb at some point, if the giants are getting their ass kicked they arent going to ride saquon too hard...i think they are looking to preserve him especially after all the touches last year.....i dont think they believe they are going to compete this year and there is no need to run him into the ground.....actually looking back at what they did in week 1 if i could go back I might have taken mccaffrey or kamara #1

fyi i own engram too

If they are getting their ass kicked which I think will be most weeks they will be in passing downs and that will benefit Engram as I believe he is the Giants 2nd option on offense even with Shepherd. If the are ahead in the game will run the ball with Saquan.

19 minutes ago, Fat Cat said:

If they are getting their ass kicked which I think will be most weeks they will be in passing downs and that will benefit Engram as I believe he is the Giants 2nd option on offense even with Shepherd. If the are ahead in the game will run the ball with Saquan.

Yeah I agree...like I said...i went saquon but really wasnt too smart in factoring that theyll prob be behind alot and they probably dont want to run him into the ground so early in his career when the team isnt ready to compete....but it is what it is.....hopefully engram continues to beast

3 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

Yeah I agree...like I said...i went saquon but really wasnt too smart in factoring that theyll prob be behind alot and they probably dont want to run him into the ground so early in his career when the team isnt ready to compete....but it is what it is.....hopefully engram continues to beast

I think Engram will be a decent TE.

On 9/9/2019 at 8:28 AM, mclellan83 said:

I got a lot of flack for my draft, turned out well so far

QB
P. Rivers QB - LAC
    333 Pass Yds, 3 Pass TD, 1 Int, 6 Rush Yds   51.42
RB
D. Johnson RB - ARI
    82 Rush Yds, 55 Rec Yds, 1 Rec TD   25.70
RB
C. Carson RB - SEA
    46 Rush Yds, 1 Rush TD, 1 Fum, 35 Rec Yds, ...   25.10
WR
O. Beckham WR - CLE 
    71 Rec Yds   14.10
WR
A. Robinson WR - CHI
    102 Rec Yds   20.20
TE
J. Graham TE - GB
    30 Rec Yds, 1 Rec TD   12.00
W/R
A. Jones RB - GB
    39 Rush Yds   4.90
W/T
J. Gordon WR - NE
    73 Rec Yds, 1 Rec TD   16.30
R/W/T
D. Jackson WR - PHI
    154 Rec Yds, 2 Rec TD   46.40
K
M. Prater K - DET
    3 PAT, 1 30-39, 1 50+   11.00
DEF
Saints DEF
Total  227.12

I see you didn't ask everyone how their week 2 was going. I wonder why. Your roster presents some clues. I guess you can return that championship trophy you thought you had locked up after 1 week.

• Haha 1

Week 1 is the reason I am on this forum. This is my first year in Fantasy Football in a league with 10 men and only one other female in a 12 team league. Well needless to say myself and the other female member of the league became the laughing stock of the league right at the draft  and since we both lost week one I am here to try and rectify that. I also lost my TE Hunter Henry who was suppose to be a key player for my team. My David Montgomery pick seemed like a dud , but at least in week 2 he turned it around a bit. So I am a very enthusiastic football fan, but I guess I will say my knowledge should be left on the couch where I watch the games. So that is why I am here to get expert advice from everyone here. I want to show these guys this lady can take it to them. It does look like in Week 2 I am going to get the W.

2 minutes ago, SassyCassie said:

Week 1 is the reason I am on this forum. This is my first year in Fantasy Football in a league with 10 men and only one other female in a 12 team league. Well needless to say myself and the other female member of the league became the laughing stock of the league right at the draft  and since we both lost week one I am here to try and rectify that. I also lost my TE Hunter Henry who was suppose to be a key player for my team. My David Montgomery pick seemed like a dud , but at least in week 2 he turned it around a bit. So I am a very enthusiastic football fan, but I guess I will say my knowledge should be left on the couch where I watch the games. So that is why I am here to get expert advice from everyone here. I want to show these guys this lady can take it to them. It does look like in Week 2 I am going to get the W.

You got this Sassy! Fantasy Football is tough. A couple injuries here and there and it's over. This week was tough on everyone. Best of luck, go get e'm! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GoBlueFab5 said:

I see you didn't ask everyone how their week 2 was going. I wonder why. Your roster presents some clues. I guess you can return that championship trophy you thought you had locked up after 1 week.

Had a feeling you would be back to troll, who's to say that between Jones and OBJ they didn't carry my team to a win?  Guess your team didn't do any better so whatever is stuck up your rear is still there?